Search

where around melbourne?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where around melbourne?

can someone recommend a place around Melbourne to stay during the Grand Prix, seems like most hostels are booked. I guess not very far from the city centre would be nice, thanx
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 12:23 AM

When you say around Melbourne, do you mean close in or out. I stayed in St Kilda road which is so close to the city centre by tram. It is the hotel Charsfield, good value and the website is www.hotelcharsfield.com
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could try www.hotelclaremont.com which is very reasonably priced, not far from the city and in the middle of lots of shops and restaurants. Close to the tram and train as well. The Ibis Hotel near Queen Victoria Market is on the budget side too.<BR>Kay<BR>You could also try www.jasons.com.au and key in 'backpackers'. Suburbs close to the city include South Melbourne, Albert Park, Carlton, Fitzroy, South Yarra, East Melbourne.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:05 AM

I stay at the Le-Meridien in Melb because they give you real eggs for breakfast and the pillows are just the best. Its also very quiet, but it may be booked out. Try it though , you will not be dissapointed. Radisson on Flagstaff is also very good. Lots of times you can get in there when the others are booked. Breakfasts there are really good and they have a friendly bar the locals use.<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:12 PM

Check out www.accor.com.au<BR>They have an assortment of properties throughtout Melbourne.C.B.D. which should suit you.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:16 PM

Re post above. Sorry it should be <BR>www.accorhotels.com.au<BR>Check out the hot deals available.