COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Longitude 131 Ayres Rock

Old Apr 21st, 2003, 09:59 PM
Original Poster

Longitude 131 Ayres Rock

Has anyone stayed here? Itlooks fabulous if a bit too expensive, however the area is a once in a lifetime destination. Is it worth the money? Thanks in anticipation.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:16 AM
MMT

Hello Lyndie,

My husband and I stayed there in March. It is expensive but when you consider that everything is included..not bad.
It was a wonderful experience and we felt well worth it. Food was excellent and the 'Tents' amazing. Tours were great and guides very knowledgable..our only comment was that their tours did not offer the Sounds of Silence dinner. However they did book it for us and it was the Highlight of the trip. Do not miss it.
Enjoy!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, MMT. Sounds like you had an unforgetable time-that's what we want too. Best wishes for a fun-filled life from us in Australia.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 05:27 AM

The resort is very expensive and IMO not worth the money but where else can you stay? The staff don't appear to care, their attitude appears to be that these people are only going to visit once (true), so why should I bother?
While you're there be sure to check out the Olgas. On a pedantic note the correct spelling is Ayers or Uluru as the Aborigines prefer.
Have a good trip

Steve
Blackpool, England
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:53 AM
MMT

Hello Steve,

I am not sure if you are referring to Longitude in particular or the whole resort in general. The staff at Longitude 131' did everything possible to make our stay a wonderful experience.
There are several other choices at the resort..Sails in the Desert, The lost Camel and several others including a backpackers place.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 04:23 AM

MMT: What is the dress during the day for this area and for meals at Longitude 131? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:19 AM
MMT

Eve 123

Daytime dress is very casual..shorts etc etc. Good walking shoes are essential and depending on the seaason a fly net is essential while outside.
Evening dress is casual as well..some even wore shorts at dinner, but I would suggest'smart casual'..no need to pack the tux!
Have a great time!
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:37 AM

Thanks, MMT. Your reply is much appreciated. Where does one purchase a fly net? (Do they have them at the resort, or should we "come prepared"?)