Fiesta Premiere Resort and Spa

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiesta Premiere Resort and Spa

Spent 7 days at the Fiesta Premiere Resort and Spa on Papagayo Bay. This is the 13th resort we have been to in the past 7 years
in the Caribbean and Central American area.
It was the best. The food was delicious,
plentiful and varied. The entertainment was
"Broadway" quality. Our room,grounds and
beach were immaculate. The service could not have been better. The only negative
was that the organized tours pcked up first
at our resort and returned last, so a tour
that should have taken 4 hours extended
6 or 7 hours. When we go back we will make
arrangements with an individual tour guide.
My wife and I recommend the Fiesta without
any reservations

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:17 PM

Thank you!
We have been hoping to find some info on this resort, as we will be staying there at the end of March.
This will be our first trip to Costa Rica, and we decided to stay at an AI, to familiarize ourselves with the country one region at a time.
There seems to be very little info on this resort, so we are taking a leap of faith booking there.
What tours, and off resort excursions would you recomend?
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 02:24 PM

We are interested in going but can't find much information on the beaches at the Fiesta Premiere.( We like sandy beaches with good snorkelling ) Is there any surfing at the Fiesta Premiere? Are there any markets near by?What tour(s) would you most recommend(we don't like long bus rides on sunny days).Thanks for your comments.
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 05:21 PM

Those staying in the Papagayo Gulf area have great proximity to the tours that take in the Rincon de la Vieja park up north of Liberia. There is a horseback tour to Los Inocentes Lodge that was excellent, and the Buena Vista Canopy and Mud Bath tour was also very good. Both worth the money (about $70-$80 per person, I believe).

Theopenroad: Your idea of staying at an all inclusive on your first visit to Costa Rica is a good one. Although it is a very tourist friendly country and you do not need the "walls" of the AI, staying at one puts your mind to rest about a lot of things as you venture out from there on a couple of tours to explore the area and learn about the country from tour guides. We had a great experience by doing this the first time. We are preparing for our 7th visit in 2 and a half years. On our 2nd visit, we struck out on our own, made our own plans and reservations, rented a car, and just hit the open road. In the times since, we have done much the same, seeing a different area each time but also returning to favorite areas occasionally. We still spend a little time at all-inclusives, but just 2-4 days (like a long weekend) just for the food and entertainment, a little luxury and a great pool! Aside from that, it's a great country to explore on your own. Staying at an AI first will expand your comfort zone a little and you will feel comfortable doing your own thing after that! Enjoy!
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 03:33 PM

Hi

Did you find a week was adequate to stay here and do a few tours.?
Thanks
percy
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

The only trip we took was to the Pilo Verdi which consisted of a smooth water
boat trip and a lunch. We saw many
crocadiles, hawler monleys, huge iguanas, white faced monkeys and assorted birds. It was fun and interesting. My wife and a friend went
on a trip to Liberia. In retrospect we
would have rented a car to go to the
near by places such as Liberia or Coco
beach. The more distant attractions
like Mont Verdi or the valcanos we would hire a private tour guide.
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Percy, You could do the main tours in a
week, but the resort is so "inclusive"
with it's spa, food and intertainment
that we ended up spending most our time
eaating, drinking and generally relaxing. I should mention that I am 75
years old and my wife is 62 but don't let that scare you away. There were many much younger and probably more
enthusiastic guests.

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 05:41 PM

We thought a week was just perfect for the two one day tours that we selected. We arrived on Saturday, took a Sunday tour, relaxed Mon-Wednesday, took a Thursday tour, returned home Saturday. We definitely didn't want to tour every day and found that two tours for the week was just right. Others with whom we spoke did an overnight tour such as Monteverde or Arenal--both offered from the hotel. We didn't want to be gone overnight. And our purpose was lots of r & r, so it worked out just right for what we had intended.
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 07:03 PM

Thanks to both of you for your reply.
Yes I think that 2 or a maximim of 3 day tours is enough , because there is lots to do around the Papagayo Beach area ...there are boat tours along the coastline all the way to Tamarindo and beyond.

There is an all day tour going to Nicaragua , up to Granada and the lake area, I would take this before I would go to Monteverde, Monteverde is just too long and bumpy for a day tour.
I know the geography of Costa Rica very well and my plan is to see it in parts,rather than race around to faraway places.
Thank you again for your help( bobhubbell and shillmac)
Percy
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 04:51 PM

That is what we are doing also, Percy. We, too, have read up on and studied the geography of Costa Rica and know it pretty well. Each time we go (about 3 times a year) we try to explore a new area. The only problem we keep running into is that we always have a difficult time choosing whether to actually go see a new area or whether to return to an area that we've been to before and liked so much that we want to do it again! Nice problem, I guess! Viva la Costa Rica!