Hot restaurants in Sydney

Oct 11th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Montenegro

Hot restaurants in Sydney

What are the best new restaurants in Sydney that we should try during our visit?

Oct 13th, 2002, 11:27 AM
margo

How new is new? What sort of food are you looking for? How much do you want to pay? Are you talking about only the CBD, or anywhere? Post some details and I'll try to answer.

Best restaurant is probably Tetsuyas. New location in Sussex Street, but expensive.

Oct 13th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Ian

The 2003 Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide gives the gong for the best new Sydney restaurant to Guillaume at Bennelong (02 9241 1999) at Sydney Opera House. I've not eaten there yet but the Chef, Guillaume Brahimi, came from Quay where his food was sensational. The SMH also nominates Becasse (02 9280 3202).

Oct 14th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Lucy

A new restaurant on Circular Quay is WildFire that is very in and opened a few months ago. Some other restaurants that are very nice-don't know how new are Aria, Bather's Pavilion, Beaches, and Rockpool.

Enjoy.

Oct 14th, 2002, 02:54 PM
RickK

Just back Friday and can't agree with Bennelong's although it was worth it just to eat at the Opera House. Aria and Bambu were much better experiences.
That said, we were astounded at the quality of food and service throughout Australia. And the US$ goes a long way down there now. We skipped Tetsuyas because the menu looked a little too ambitious and Rockpool was closed for remodeling.

Oct 14th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Ann

Gourmet October 2002 did a review of several resteraunts in Sydney. Anyone been to Arthur's Pizza on Oxford Street or Sean's Panaroma at "the wrong end" of Bondi Beach? The other resteraunt which looked interesting by write up was B.B.Q. King on Goulburn Street.

Comments welcome as we are also headed to Sydney......

Oct 15th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Butch

Do I still have to reserve a table months in advance to eat at Tetsuya? I am told it is easier to get in for lunch during weekdays. Is it true?

Oct 15th, 2002, 11:56 AM
margo

Ann
Sean's Panaroma is one of my favourite restaurants. The food is always interesting, and the view is great - out across the water (guess there's no view at night - we usually go for lunch). Not cheap, but good.
BBQ King is a very popular BBQ place in Chinatown, worth a visit.

Another favourite of mine is Kok, in Enmore, just outside the city proper, about 10 minutes by taxi (or you can go by bus!); great food and personal service.

Butch
Tetsuyas may be a little easier to get into at present. Lunch is usually easier than dinner. Food is ambitious, yes, but just stunning, and expensive. (but US dollar is strong)

Oct 16th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Butch

Thanks, Margo. I enjoyed my dining experience at Level 41, Bathers pavillion and Rockpool two years ago when I was Sydney. Tetsuyas is on the top of my list for forthcoming trip to Australia and I hope for a repeat experience. Can't wait.