Search

Bora Bora Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bora Bora Hotels

What is the best Bora Bora Hotel for an over water bungalow? Mostly interested in the nicest part of the lagoon, and nicest beach.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:18 AM

Hotel Bora Bora is generally considered to have the most choice location as it is the original grand old dame of South Pacific hotels. Very pricy however (even by Bora Bora standards).

Ken
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 06:13 PM

While I haven't been there for a long time (10 years!) at that time Hotel Bora Bora was far and away the best resort and enjoyed the best location.
Truly world-class and the staff and quality of service were as good as anywhere I've stayed.
Since then it looks like there have been plenty of resorts built on the outlying islands in the lagoon which give you great views back to Bora Bora.
But it would be hard to go past the charm and style of HBB.
My wife would go back there tomorrow in preference to just about anywhere...
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 03:53 PM

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon in Bora Bora. We stayed in an overwater bungalow at the Pearl Beach Resort, and it was wonderful! The lagoon there is only 3-4 feet deep, so it was perfect for relaxing in the water. They also have a coral reef "garden", so there are a lot of fish to see, too.
We did a tour of the island by boat, and it looked like a lot of the other hotel's bungalows were in deeper water, so I was happy with where we were. The St. Regis there is brand new and the bungalows looked huge, but the Four Seasons is under construction right next to it, so you might be distracted by the construction.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 07:21 PM

Stayed at Le Meridien a few years back in a Premium overwater bungalow and loved it. Was trying for Pearl Resort after reading Lord Balfor's reports but it was under renovation. So got switched to Le Meridien. Fantastic view from it's lagoon location, good food, service and entertainment. There were some interesting places to walk to on the outside of the lagoon and a nice fish filled man made lake. The beach was OK but not fantastic ( I never saw any fantastic beaches in FP) but with the beautiful bungalow who cares!
Bon Voyage.