Bora Bora or Tahiti at Le Meridian?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking our first trip away from baby (will be 1 years old) want something romantic. We have a choice betweeen Le Meridian Bora Bora and Le Meridian Tahiti. Which is better? more Beautiful? We like excellent beaches, & wonderful food. Thanks!!
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 08:47 PM

Can't speak specifically about the particular hotels, but there is no comparison between Tahiti and Bora Bora. I'll put it this way - most visitors simply pass through Tahiti on their way to the other nearby islands (Moorea, Bora Bora, Huahine, etc). While Tahiti is no doubt lovely (outside of Papeete), Bora Bora is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful (sometimes as THE most beautiful) island in the South Pacific. While parts of Bora Bora can be a little bit scruffy, the lagoon is probably the most beautiful on earth.

Ken

PS - The main islands of French Polynesia (including Bora Bora) do not really have beaches in the sense that most people think of (ie with waves) since they are protected by a surrounding reef. This results in almost waveless water (often "wadeable for a longggggggggg way out) that is poor for surfing and other rough water activities, but absolutely perfect for swimming and snorkeling (calm, clear, and very warm - and with lots of fish).
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:04 AM

Definitely the Le Meridien Bora Bora.Do not stay on Tahiti.The out islands are gorgeous!I loved the Le Meridien Bora Bora.Wether you choose a beach bungalow or overwater you cannot go wrong! Absolutely the epitome of Tropical Paradise!! And I'm not exaggerating either!
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.
Happy Travels!
Debbie
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Bora Bora if your looking for peace, beauty and less congestion. You can take water taxis to your own private beach to snorkel and picnic - very romantic. We stayed on a few other islands at hotels, cruised around on a catamaran where we renewed our 20 year wedding vows and topped it off at hut in the water hotel in Bora Bora. We see fish from the glass bottom of our hut and swim and watch fish from our deck. I promise you that you will think you've found paradise.
Hope that helps;
Sherry
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 02:00 PM

sorry about the spellimg - I thought I made the corrections prior to posting.
Sherry