Tahaa and Bora Bora

Oct 10th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Tahaa and Bora Bora

Looking to spend 3 nights at each Island or should we spend the 6 at one? Any recommendations for resorts and tips on transport to and from Papeet and island transfers.
Many thanks.
Oct 10th, 2005, 12:37 PM

Transport from Papeete is a 45 min flight to Bora Bora. No need to stay on Tahiti. You can do a day trip to Tahaa if you want - spend your time on Bora Bora for the relaxation and beauty. I don't know where you live but by the time you even get to Tahiti, you're tired and 3-day, 3-day is more of a rat race than you might think.
Nov 29th, 2005, 09:40 AM

On Bora Bora try the Le Meridien Bora Bora.Absolute paradise!Absolutely gorgeous in every way shape and form.You cannot go wrong in a Beach bungalow or a Overwater!
Fabulous resort on it's own motu....
Just the epitome of 'Tropical Paradise'
Debbie
Nov 30th, 2005, 02:48 PM

I can't remember the name of this resort but it is located on a motu on the Bora Bora (west) side of Tahaa and it is located in a very beautiful spot with very spectacular snorkelling. If you wan't a laid back few days, this place stood out against what we saw in Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora and Huahine. By the way, we preferred Moorea to Bora Bora.
Cheers,
Andy
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:43 PM
JS1

We spent our honeymoon in FP in June and stayed at the Bora Bora Lagoon Resort and Tahaa Private Island Resort and Spa. We loved both but if I was to recommend one it would Bora Bora Lagoon Resort because the snorkeling was amazing right off our room. Tahaa by comparison was also beautiful and we had a wonderful ow bung right at the end of the pontoon which was huge but there isn't much to watch below - other than the odd stingray. The coral garden at the resort just didn't compare to that at Bora Bora. I would certainly say go to both but if I could do it again I would go to Tahaa first. We flew by helicopter from Bora Bora to Tahaa which was great fun albeit a treat. Hope this help.