Best airline for europe trip

Apr 5th, 2008, 12:12 AM
emilou

Best airline for europe trip

Have read that Singapore ailrines is best for th elong trip to Europe. has anyone tried malaysia airlines and what did you think?

Apr 5th, 2008, 02:18 AM

Singapore is an excellent airline and there is nothing wrong with Malaysian, but for destinations in Europe, Emirates is hard to beat. Fly via Dubai and you can go almost anywhere.
Apr 5th, 2008, 09:40 PM

I have never flown Singapore but they are generally at the top of most lists. I have flown on MAS and thought they were very good ( especially as on one leg they upgraded me to Business from Economy and on another to First!! Can't guarantee that that will happen thought. LOL!
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:06 PM

Singapore airlines are cheap! This is the most positive point i think,i never flown with them too but some friends of me say it is great,i always fly with Alitalia
Apr 6th, 2008, 11:24 PM

Be hard pushed to fly Alitalia out of Australia, as they don't come here any more.

Singapore is said to be excellent, even in economy class.
We flew Malaysian business and it was good. The business class companion rate was impossible to beat.

Friends rave about Emirates. Some very mixed reports about Etihad - even in First Class.
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:59 PM

I always try to fly Singapore Airlines and have used them many, many times.

The service on board is excellent and cabin crew are extremely friendly and courteous. The food is also excellent. I also love their inflight entertainment. Certainly enough there to keep you occupied from Brisbane to London. (or anywhere else).

If you can pick up one of their earlybird specials their fares are extremely competitive IMHO.
Apr 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM

OK call me a patriot but I always feel "special" when I am overseas and embark on the big flying Kangaroo - Qantas to head home. The wines are lovely and the service is second to none. I was once seated in Singapore Airlines in a seat where I had to sit diagonally because there was a door sticking out. I was not impressed about that either. I have flown Malaysian, Emirates, Singapore, British Airways, Royal Jordanian, Cathay Pacific, Air NZ, Finnair, Thai Airways and probably others on the route that you are going on, or parts thereof, and I still prefer our own airline for a whole lot of reasons. However it really depends on what each airline offers as specials for your destination sometimes - on British/Qantas you can get good specials on tours & passes etc and sometimes you get a return flight to continental Europe for free - on Emirates you can get an Arabian pass which I used last year, Malaysian give great stop-overs in KL and Singapore Airlines have good stopovers in their country. You need to do some research on what you want as extras.
Apr 10th, 2008, 10:31 PM

emilou, why post the same question again. You're getting pretty much the same response as you did to the identical question you posted on the Europe board.......