Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London

Singapore Airlines Flight
A380 Airbus
Singapore to London Heathrow
Business Class
October 2013

This is the video I made - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ocU6H2bWc

Here are more pictures on my blog - http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...22-flight.html

This is at the gate at Changi Airport.

This was the waiting area. There were a number of gates here, hence the area is very big. There was another SQ flight for Paris later that evening. There were a number of Caucasian couples waiting for the SQ-SIngapore to London flight and I did overhear some of the chatter. It sounded like many of them had just disembarked from a cruise ship, and were on the way back to Europe or USA.

Boarding time. That's the plane that would bring me to London. Singapore Airlines was the first in the world to operate the A380, since 2007. How time flies. It has been 6 years.

This was the route to the Upper Deck. This plane was configured as an all Business Class Upper Deck.

This was my seat for the 13 hour flight, Seat 20K, window. It was about the middle of the plane. I had a decent view out of the window, as you can see from my video.

This was the centre aisle. The Business class is in a 1-2-1 configuration.

The seat.

The welcome drink. I can't remember what this was, but I chose the non-alcoholic option.

The menu. This was the panel of international chefs. Check out my video for the full menu.

This was my drink after takeoff, the Singapore sling.

Stretching my legs. Very comfortable.

As this was a red eye flight, I did notice that some passengers decided to sleep and skip supper. Once the seat-belt sign was off, they converted their seat into the flat-bed, and went to sleep.

Let's head on to the meal service. This was the first course, Parma Ham with some salad. It didn't taste bad, but it certainly wasn't my type of food.

The choices for the main course were
1) Grilled Prawns
2) Famous Singapore Chicken Rice
3) Seared beef fillet

The Singapore Girl would come around taking your order for the main course before the meal service started. I used the 'Book the Cook' service, which is complimentary for all Business Class, First and Suites passengers. Do utilise this service, you have to go online or book through your travel agent, and select from a long list of dishes.

The choice of dishes on 'Book the Cook' differs greatly, depending on where you are flying from. Flying out of Singapore, you would have the most choices. I chose the famous Lobster Thermidor and here is how it looks like. It was very succulent and delicious!

I had a slight problem though. The King appeared, with his foot soliders, refusing to let me partake of the Lobster.

When it came to dessert, again the same battle had to be fought with the King.

After a very good meal, I decided to turn in for a good night's sleep. Do check out the trip video and blog posts for the rest of the review. Thanks for reading.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 04:20 PM

Thank you kindly, guitarsingapore, for such a wondrous and heartwarming post; video, links, commentary and all. Warms my heart on this fine Singapore Monday morning. And, noticed your video contains a brief glimpse of a certain Singapore Girl I happen to know. (To partially explain my enthusiasm: Singapore Airlines and Changi play a rather prominent role in my work, so your post brings a rush of good feelings; some great long-time friends at those organizations.)

Many thanks for your detailed review of flying the SQ322 J 'red eye' to Heathrow. My most recent London business trip flying SIA ex-SIN was SQ308 J, as I'm partial to the mid-morning SIN departure that puts me into LHR mid-afternoon. Will say, my positive (and rather brief) mention of flying SQ308 J in my Four Seasons Park Lane hotel review also hints of the joy of flying SQ business, SIN-LHR. Well done, guitarsingapore.

Noticed you also have a review of one of my favourite Changi haunts, the cherished SIA SilverKris Lounge (business) in Terminal 3. (And you also have a photo of a delightful and most helpful SKL 'lounge dragon' and friend.) Presently scheduled to be back there this week; fine, pre-flight sanctuary.

Thanks again for the superlative opening post. Fine (SQ) flights to you and all,

macintosh (robert)

... Singapore Airlines, You're a Great Way to Fly ...
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 04:53 PM

If only other airlines would take a lesson from Singapore we would have nothing to grouse about. "Wouldn't that be loverly???"
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 08:40 AM

I also flew Singapore Airlines business class on the A380 earlier this year (to/from Singapore). It was excellent, no complaints in any way. I have fond memories of that flight, especially sipping a Kris Flyer cocktail while flying 40,000 feet up in the air and watching the new James Bond movie. Made me feel like the quote the world traveller.

I have also flown business class on other airlines and among the reasons service is so much better on Singapore is that they simply are better staffed. There were more FAs per cabin than on the others -- that means better service for pax and less stress for the FAs. Win-win all around.

FWIW, I recommend flying in the front section of business class if you can. I was in row 14 coming and going and the front section felt cozier and quieter than the rows farther back. (there are 5 rows in the front business class section, 11 rows in the second section).

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Sin...irbus_A380.php
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 03:15 AM

I love my new Rolls Royce. So much more to this car than that skinny Ferrari.