Search

B&Bs on North Island?

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2002, 08:01 PM
tbhannon

B&Bs on North Island?

We're off to NZ 6/17. Can anyone recommend some nice B&Bs (a) north of Auckland, (b) south, but interested mainly north of Wellington, and mainly on the coast. Romantic is not important, but historic is a plus (father and daughter trip), as is food.<BR>Thanks and aloha!

Old May 11th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Jackie

A lovely B&B in Auckland proper<BR>is the Ascot Parnell.They belong to a group of inns called Heritage and Character Inns of NZ(www.heritageinns.co.nz)I think you will find what you are looking for on their websit<BR>e.Have a great trip!

Old May 20th, 2002, 02:05 AM
Kerry

Hi TB<BR>Great that you are going to visit our country. There are B&Bs from one end of the country to the other and range from the simple at $US30/double to $US150/double. I can certainly make some North Island recommendations that will more than satisfy needs for you once I know the actual locations and your price range.<BR>Regards<BR>Kerry

Old May 20th, 2002, 09:11 AM
ALF

I would like to recommend a B&B just outside of Wellington, on Lowry Bay, Eastbourne. Pam and Forde Clarke ([email protected]) have a delightful home a few blocks off the water. More importantly, we found Pam to be a wonderful resource for locating B&Bs elsewhere along our route. She is developing a booking service, and I would highly recommend emailing her with questions.<BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 05:37 PM
sjef

How about this one? Charming Victorian B&B villa and cottage with return verandahs in scenic Devonport. Situated in beautiful, peaceful park-like setting. Light cosy rooms with private entry through french doors. Close to city-center, restaurants, beach and golf. We also speak German, Dutch and French. mail: [email protected] - site: www.karinsvilla.com

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 03:41 PM
John

If you get to Christchurch, I recommend The Grange House. It was once a convent. Located near the CBD, within walking distance of everything. Marie Simpson and son Paul manage it. She insisted we use her car to attend church on Sunday. Could not do enough for us during our 8 day stay.