Air New Zealand flight from LAX

Old Sep 26th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air New Zealand flight from LAX

We are leaving Sunday on an Air NZ flight from LAX at 11:30 pm., business class. The info on the Air NZ website says the meal is a snack. 12 hours and 45 minutes seems a long time for just a snack. Would appreciate info from anyone who has recently taken this flight - do we need to bring food with us? We will have eaten dinner and hope to sleep, but just wondering what a snack might be.
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 09:55 PM

When I flew AirNZ on that same flight and in cattle, we got fed several times. That was 3 yrs. ago so with the changes in airline policies and bankruptcies, they may have cut back--however, I can't imagine on a 13hr. flight all you get is a snack, esp. in business class! When I went, they served dinner as soon as we took off, breakfast and might have done a snack while I was sleeping. (Ambien was my best friend on the flights to/from Oz)

There were tons of movies to watch and nice in-seat monitors...

Perhaps call the toll free number and get more info
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 09:57 PM

http://www.airnewzealand.com/traveli...class_menu.htm

Here's a link I found for the meal service in Business class...looks like you'll have plenty to eat!
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 01:28 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I took the same flight in reverse about a year ago - NZ Air, Business Class. I realize that's not "recent" but thought I'd put in my two cents anyway.

The seating was nice - upper deck of a 747 with loads of luggage space, but I was really disappointed in the meals. We were given two meals, and offered snacks throughout the flight. I found the food pretty bad, (even by airline standards) and found myself wishing I'd packed my own snacks.

Maybe they were just having a bad day, who knows. They did have an extensive wine menu featuring some really nice NZ wines however.

Old Sep 27th, 2004, 02:43 PM

We did the same flight in April.

You'll get dinner shortly after you take off and breakfast shortly before you land. I don't remember getting a snack, but we were in coach. We brought along some protein bars in case we needed them, and dh was happy to have one somewhere during the middle of the night when he couldn't sleep.

Lee Ann
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 02:35 PM

I travelled Air NZ to Honolulu recently ( 9 hours) and we were well looked after. In economy we had two good meals and were offered juice and water throughout the trip. The meals were standard airline fare ... decent and tasty.
I went to the galley a couple of times to request coffee which was handed over straight away.

I'm sure you will be okay and just remember NOT to bring any fresh fruit with you into NZ or you will be given a hefty fine. I had taken a couple of oranges with me when flying back to NZ and got stopped by the customs sniffer dog. Luckilly I had eaten the oranges on board and left the peels on the plane but the scent was enough to alert the dog. If you do take fruit on board, just remember to eat it or leave it on the plane when you get off.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies. We are getting very excited - first time to New Zealand and Australia.