Vientiane Hotels

Dec 31st, 2008, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Vientiane Hotels

I'm looking for moderately priced hotels in Vientiane, Laos. Just a simple and clean room, nothing too fancy. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Dec 31st, 2008, 02:29 PM

I stayed at the Mali Namphu Guest House at 114 Th Pangkham. Its very close to the centre of Vientiane and clean and comfortable. Cost from memory about $15 per night with a basic breakfast in the courtyard included.

Enjoy Laos!
Dec 31st, 2008, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks silverwool. I just sent them an email so hopefully they will be available.
Dec 31st, 2008, 04:36 PM

I've stayed at Mali Namphu too and its a good spot - quite cheap. Last July I stayed at Sala Inpeng which is a very small place - 9 rooms but quite different just a little further from the centre but still just walking distance - quite unique and lovely owners. Something of an oasis in the middle of town. Look them up under http://www.salalao.com/Sala_Inpeng/Content/Roomrate.htm

The other I've stayed at (but a fraction dearer) is the Villa Manoly also a good spot but just a bit further to go. Not that anywhere in Vientiane is that far.
Dec 31st, 2008, 05:41 PM

More expensive than the above, but still moderate, is the Taipan. It is very central, right off the river road and a few blocks from the fountain.
May 31st, 2009, 07:31 AM

Does anyone rent rooms for a longer stay. Say, 6 months? Hotels are great, but I may fall in love with Laos and want to stay a couple of years.
Jun 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM

You can rent accomodation for longer periods. Park View apts will rent from anywhere from 1 night to seeral years, but the cost is very expensive - about $1000 a month, I believe. It is not difficult to rent an apt or a house for 1 year. Expect to pay anywhere from a min od $150 for a bed sitter, (which I saw advertised last week), to $4000pm for a huge place with a pool.
You can rent a Laos style place cheaply outside of the centre, but you may have to put up with a Laos kitchen and toilet.

A new apartment hotel has opened up across from the Laos Plaza hotel, but I am not sure of the costs for long term rental. Another option might be to share a house with someone working for an ngo.
Jun 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM

By the way, this is an old thread, but I would not stay at any of the places mentioned above. Laos Orchid Hotel has very nice rooms for $45.00pn. Villa Manoly is a restored french colonial villa with a small pool for $30.00pn. The Vayakorn hotel has decent and clean rooms for about $15.00pn. All of these are better choices imo than those posted above.