hotel/villa in Plitvice Park area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all....am trying to find a double room somewhere in the Plitvice Park, Croatia area..have had the Villa Mukinja recommended but cannot seem to find a web site for them in order to check on availability....and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 04:06 AM

Bob, I have made reservations at Knezevic Guest House. A couple of people on this website have stayed there and highly recommended it.
http://knezevic.hr/info_uk.htm
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 04:47 AM

We stayed at the Knezevic Guest House in July and were thrilled with it. It's only 35€ a night for a double room, but don't let that put you off. Prices for sobe's/small hotels are just low here. The guest house looks like a home on the outside, but inside there are actually 11 rooms. There is no a/c but we didn't need it. The room also has no TV but there is TV in the lower level large breakfast room.

Our room and modern bathroom were spotless, and had many nice touches.
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 04:07 PM

Hi, we are glad that u have had our place recommened. Here is the link of Villa Mukinja: www.plitvice-lakes.com

Hope to see you soon

Regards
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 03:40 PM

Just came back this week from the most stunningly gorgeous country we have been to yet - Croatia. We had high expectations from what we had seen, read and heard and it even exceeded that! It even tops Italy in our opinion.

Just a quick note regarding Knezevic. We decided to stay there based on recommendations from this board. It was very clean. However, if you do decide to stay there, ask for a room away from the doors and stairs. We found it quite loud with people coming and going constantly. We also found the owners to be difficult to track down but it did seem busy so that is no fault of their own. We normally do not stay in large B&Bs like this (10-11 rooms) so we found it lacked the personal touches and charm of those that are smaller (1-3 rooms). We are just not used to lots of foot traffic! However, as was noted, it was very clean and the location was good. We looked at a few other places near there out of curiosity and found them to be more characterful, quieter location, and same price including breakfast. There are hundreds of places so I would recommend looking at several first before deciding. Out of all the places we stayed in Croatia this was our least favourite. We managed to find some real gems for 30-40 euros with private beaches, exceedingly quiet, breakfast, laundry, charm and character.

Upon arrival we told the owners we would be there from one to three nights and after the first night moved elsewhere and are glad we did. Of course we made sure that was ok with them first. If you are just looking for something basic, inexpensive with a good location by all means, try them out. Perhaps we just picked a busy time (although it was a week day)!

Old Oct 12th, 2006, 10:42 PM

Hi Bob. I stayed at Knezevic Guest House on September 18 and liked it. I stayed there after reading good things about it from someone on this site. The place was spotless and quiet. You can walk to the park from their house, which was cool. You just walk up from their house, past a little village and market and down a nice path through the woods - you end up at the upper entrance to the park. The Knezevic's are nice (don't speak English - though their daughter kind of does), and Mr. Knezevic even dropped me off at a restaurant for dinner. I took a bus to Plitvice, and there were no restaurants in walking distance. After dinner I was picked up by a van service that he runs as well. I think they pick up workers at the local restaurants and hotels and drive them home. I rode back from the restaurant (free) with a bunch of locals heading home from work. I spent six hours or so exploring the lakes and felt like I saw it all. Just stayed one night in Plitvice, then off to Trogir. Have fun!