Search

Transport in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transport in Bangkok

Dear fodorite,

Please advice on what transportation that is best on this follow route.

1. From Khao San Road to Soi 11 (around 10pm)
2. From Soi 11 to Baiyoke Hotel (around 8pm)
3. From Soi 11 to Vimanmek Palace (aroud 2pm)

Thanks.

Regards,
Claran
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 04:43 AM

taxis are always the easiest and cheapest...

soi 11 is near to the skytrain too but none of your 3 alternative sites are really...so taxi it is
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 04:51 AM

Soi means street, road, etc. I presume you mean on Sukhumvit?

From Khao San road, around the corner on the main road (6 laes of traffic), take a number 15 or 79 bus to Siam Square then a 25, 40, 48 to Soi 11 which is on your left. Some #79's are air conditioned and a lot easier than normal buses in the heat. You have to give a destination on them and they cost a little more.

A #2 bus will take you from across the road from Soi 11 to the Indra Regent Hotel from which both Baiyoke hotels (46 fl Suite and 92 fl Sky) are only five minutes walk away.

Take the Sky Train from around Soi 11 towards Mo Chit. Get off at the Victory Monument which is on a huge roundabout with bus stops everywhere. You want Rathca Withi (also spelt Rajavithi) which is west (ie: left of the north direction you were travelling on the train). Take a 18 or 28 bus past the King's residence (on your left. No visitors), and it is just past the Dusit Zoo (on your left) on the left too.

Tip. When in Khao San road, pick up a map of Bangkok which will have the bus, Skytrain and subway routes on. 40-50 baht normally.

Taxis are very cheap in Bangkok.
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 05:31 AM

forget the bus!!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

For me, i think i stick to the Taxi. The bus seem to be complicated for me. Don't actually have much time in Bangkok and that mean no time to waste getting lost in the jungle. =)

Qestion on the airport transfer:
If i would like to take a taxi from Sukumvit to the airport, should i make a booking earlier on? or just stop a taxi and go on that day?

My flight is at 8.30pm,Saturday, so what is the ideal time for me to leave the hotel?
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 06:17 PM

If you live and work in BKK it makes good sense to figure out the bus services because you can get all over the place for just a few baht, but for tourists on short trips meter taxis are the best bet. Even when you take a meter taxi be sure to tell the driver to use the meter. Many do not like doing so and want a much higher price.
I've hailed many taxis off the streets to take me to the airport but if it's easy to book one then that's better.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 05:32 AM

Hotels will normally call a taxi for you for the airport.

There are delays with this new airport, and for general security. Personally I would leave at 5am for an 08:30 flight. Better to be too early than too late.

Taxis are good in theory but traffic in Bangkok is a bit of a nightmare and they can take time getting from A to B.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 06:13 AM

Don't forget the driver will expect you to pay the tollway charges on top of the fare.