Search

Tour Companies in India

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tour Companies in India

Hello All!

My Husband and I are going to India in November 2006. I have been doing research on tour companies for southern India and have stumbled upon Greaves Tour Co. and am looking for input on this Company.

Any pros/cons or helpful insights is greatly appreciated. I have already been to northern India and am looking for parks where we can see the tigers.

Thanks for your help!

Margie
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 02:44 PM

I don't know Greaves. We worked with President Travels, a local agency Delhi based - www.presidenttravels.com, email [email protected]. We did the Golden Triangle plus Ranthambore with them. Possible tiger safaris could be Ranthambore in Rajasthan but not sure if you want to avoid Rjasthan due north India, Kanha in Madhya Pradesh - could be combined with flying in and out of Bombay and Goa or Kerala, Corbett or Bandhavargarh - this link has a recent Independent, UK article about this park which you may enjoy.
http://travel.independent.co.uk/asia/article349042.ece
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 02:35 AM

we don't know about greaves tour co. But we booked our tour with castle & king india inc. A Delhi based travel company. I got the references from the fodors. If you wish you can talk with him he is very helpful. His name ius arvind [email protected]
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 05:46 AM

patricia---i have also booked through castle and king for this coming november....what did they do for you and how satisfied were you with their services....i am only doing delhi, jaipur and agra...thanks for any info you pass forward....any suggestions on things you would have them do differently on a subsequent trip?

if you prefer you could answer me back on [email protected]

thanks
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM

We are traveling to Delhi, Agra and Jaipur in August so I'm interested to hear opinions. WE were thinking about using Compass travel which I read about here on the Fodor's website, but I'm wondering if it was one very happy customer or a generalized enthusiasm for the company.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 04:17 PM

There have been a number of happy customers with Compass - just do a search.

The important thing is that you are dealing with someone you feel comfortable with.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 04:26 PM

We used Cox and Kings who are an old company and found them very good save for a glitch in a hotel booking which was very annoying . Generally over 2 weeks their guides were very good and drivers / cars excellent.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM

I was happy with Durjay at Compass. Equally happy with Vini at Vinstring Travel