Thailand Trip Report

May 23rd, 2006, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Thailand Trip Report

Well i just got back from a 3 week trip to thailand with my 2 best friends. This was my second trip, their first.

We are 3 23 year old men/boys depending on our mood and how much we drank that day.

I kept a full live travel blog while we were there.
If you're curious how a 23 yr old might experience thailand you can read into our psyche a bit i'll warn you it's very long.
http://marcmeunier.livejournal.com

Also a big thank you to Bob from Boston for setting me up with Jack. He is an amazing tailor and we got 2 suits each. I can't thank you enough.

I think my most memorable quote from my travel blog was making fun of the standard white guy you see every day on the skytrain trying his dambest to fit in. He's dressing like a thai and trying his best to look disinterested at everything. This only makes him stand out more because not even the thai's ever get desensitized to the overwhelmingness of bangkok. You're looking in a million different directions and so are they.

I love thailand so much.
May 23rd, 2006, 06:27 PM

glad jack worked out...he is a neat guy and runs a good operation...i look forward to seeing him in november
May 23rd, 2006, 07:30 PM

marc---i read almost all of it including all the F words...haha

i'm old and don't write that way but it amuzes me...

glad you have had fun and that jack's worked for you...

see you there next year...

take less over the counter drugs...!!!
May 24th, 2006, 03:47 AM

It's great to read a report from a younger perspective than the usual Fodors postings. BKK has so much energy, it provides endless recreation for all. Thanks.
May 24th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

I'm Glad you liked my perspective on things. Sorry aboutt he colorful language. I will assure you Bob that we did not ruin your reputation with Jack, and around him we used our good canadian manners that our mother's taught us so well. At 23 we're capable of intelligence, however it is so seldom used. Again thank you very much, he was everything I hoped for and more.
May 26th, 2006, 06:04 AM

to the top for jeffrey
May 26th, 2006, 11:34 AM

Hi Marc_from_Canada, this is Roma from Canada (sorry I couldn't resist).......anyways, loved the trip report. I'm so excited for my trip in November now and you've convinced me to go see Jack the tailor.
May 26th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Awh I'm so happy for you, and although i've only just returned I'm so insanely jealous. I'm thinking November is the best time to be in Thailand. Lowest rain, nice weather, but not overly humid. Although for some reason I'm a sucker for punishment and the more humid the better. It's good to see more canadians experience thailand. Go Oilers!
May 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM

I was laughing so hard when you mentioned the Oilers in your report. Go Oilers Go!

Search this Thread