Thailand Travelogue & Photos

Oct 17th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Thailand Travelogue & Photos

Thank you to all who helped me with several questions I had before my trip to Thailand this past July & August. It's taken me FOREVER to finish (and I'm still not completely done), but if anyone is interested in seeing and/or reading about my trip, I have two separate links.

My travelogue is quite lengthy and probably somewhat boring because it's so detailed, but I did it mainly for myself to remember my trip:
http://homepage.smc.edu/louff_judy/t...ailand7_24.htm

For those who aren't interested in reading all the details and would just like to see pictures, here's the link:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlaughs/my_photos

Thanks again everyone! We had a great time!!
Oct 17th, 2004, 05:23 PM

i look forward to looking at them..i hope your report is not as detailed as mine, which turned out to be rediculous....80 printed pages...
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

I'm not sure how many printed pages my report would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it passed "ridiculous".
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:41 PM

i have read much of the report but am tired for tonight....i did a pacific delight tour to beijing a few years ago and was very pleased...our first trip to bkk, northwest airlines used turismo thai for the day trips around bkk...

next time to bkk you have to stay on the river...its so much nicer...

didn't you find the seafood market very expensive??
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

I'm one of these super-anal people who even keep track of my expenses on a trip, so I went back and looked at how much Seafood Market was. The food was 414 Bht and the cooking was 396 Bht. I suppose compared to food costs in Thailand overall, it was a bit expensive, but I didn't think that $20 for all the food we got was outrageous. Plus, I figured some of the cost was also for the experience. It certainly is an entirely different experience than just going to a regular restaurant.
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:56 AM

i think that is very reasonable....not at all what i had been led to believe...
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:45 PM

I enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm glad you enjoyed A Lot Of Thai cooking class! I have reservations to take a private class with Yui in December. I love Thai food and I love cooking, so I was looking for an all day private class that wouldn't cost a fortune. She was very accomodating to change the menu for me so that we can make all my favorite Thai foods. Glad to read that you and Amy enjoyed the class so much!

I also plan to make a special trip to the Seafood Market for dinner. I saw a clip about it on A Cook's Tour on FoodTV and it looks interesting. Eating is such a big part of my travels. I visit countries sometimes more to eat the food than to see the sights .
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:56 PM

Thanks for a great report. One of those trips you'll remember forever...even the bad stuff the last day!
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Original Poster

I admit I'm surprised that anyone spent the time to go through my report! If you couldn't tell, I'm not quite done with the entire report. I think I've got two whole days to write about still (Koh Samui) and need to finish up on a couple of other days.

Gecko, Yui is great and I'm sure you'll really enjoy her class. And I'm glad that you're going to give Seafood Market a try. I'd read a lot of mixed reviews about it before we left, but my daughter was very excited about going there so we kept it on our itinerary. As you read, we were very glad we did. I will say, though, that I think if you are somewhat familiar with food and food preparation, it's easier to best take advantage of what Seafood Market has to offer.