Sala Samui on Koh Samui?

Old Mar 8th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sala Samui on Koh Samui?

Hi,
Has anyone stayed at Sala Samui? I'm looking to go there for my honeymoon and am considering that and the Evason Hideway there. Sala Samui is less expensive but looks just as nice and maybe even nicer. But of course it's hard to tell from the websites. Any advice would be appreciated! Also, if anyone knows which resort has the nicest beach, I'd love to hear about that as well. Thank you!
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM

Sala Samui gets better reviews than Evason. Take a look on tripadvisor for rave reviews and candid photos too. It looks amazing - but book now as it get booked up v early. Evason is meant to be lovely too - but gets more negative comments. I don't think it is on the beach but up on a hill, from photos and I think this is mentioned in the reviews on tripadvisor also.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

I've seen all the tripadvisor reports, but I was hoping to hear a bit more from someone who knows what either or both resorts are like. Thank you!!
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 01:05 AM

Sorry for suggesting that then - I have not seen any reviews of Sala Samui on this board but perhaps someone will post who has been there but stayed silent until now

Presuming you've posted this qu on tripadvisor forum then where you are most likely to get a response?

btw, August is v booked up at Sala already I understand and they require 5 night minimum booking. I think you are going end of Aug/early Sept though so perhaps not so booked up then as going into low/rainy season.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 05:49 AM

Do a search on Sala Samui on this board. There was quite a bit of talk about it a number of months ago. Several people said they would post reviews. When I do a serach a lot of posts come up, so sift through them and see if you can find a review.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:13 AM

I don't think there are any - I looked at all the posts that came up when I did a search before and there were no reviews, perhaps one comment that it was a nice place to stay but no further description. Most posts refer the poster to tripadvisor.

Of course, the search facility is not fantastic so it could have missed off a completely thorough review when I looked!
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:40 AM

I just got back a few days ago from a two week vacation to Thailand and Cambodia with stops in Koh Samui, Siem Reap, Chiang Mai and Bangkok. I hope to post a report on my trip shortly.

My girlfriend and I stayed at Sala Samui in a 1BR Sala Pool Villa for a few nights and had an wonderful time there. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is simply amazing! The beach (Choeng Mon) where Sala Samui is located is much quieter than the neighboring Chaweng Beach although the sand isn't as nice. For us, we loved every part of my stay at Sala Samui from the delicous morning buffet to the unique villas with private plunge pools and outdoor bathrooms. It was truly an unforgettable experience and I would highly recommend staying there...especially for honeymooners!

One word of caution though...watch out for mosquitos. While the staff tries hard to control the mosquitos by fogging the grounds and using repellant warmers, a few still manage to linger. They're a slight annoyance, but shouldn't be a dealbreaker. I only got bit a couple of times during my stay...

When I was making hotel arrangements with Sala, available rooms were hard to find. I actually had to change my travel plans in order to fit Sala Samui in and I'm glad that I did! So my word of advice is to book as early as possible.

Anyway, I hope to write a more detailed account about my trip including my stay at Sala Samui to post within the next week so check back for my review. Hope this helps!
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies! Somehow wherever I go the mosquitos just love me (I must have sweet blood!), so that makes me a bit worried about Sala Samui. Right now they do still have availability for my week, but I can't book anything til I get my flight. We're using miles, and it's taking hellishly long to get that together! If anyone else has been to Sala Samui and has any input, I'd love to hear from you as well... Thx