Search

Nepal visa

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nepal visa

We will be visiting Nepal in September and according to the Nepal Embassy web site, a visa can be obtained when arriving in Katmandu. I have usually obtained visas at the country consulates located in DC, near where I live in NVA. Feel much better when I have the visa before going in. Having said that, as I recall have obtained visas in Turkey, Japan and Indonesia upon arrival with no hassles.

Can anyone address whether waiting to get a Nepal visa in country carries a risk or whether its routine and nothing to worry about (assuming you have a current passport and enough money to purchase)? Any recommendations pro or con?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard58
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM

Dear Richard,
Greetings from Nepal.

Yes you can take Nepal visa on arrival in Kathmandu airport. There will not be any problem. You can contact Angel Tours Nepal. They can send Nepal tourist visa form. Nepal visa costs US $25 for 15 days. You can take visa up to 90 days on arrival in Kathmandu.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:01 PM

It's a smooth, easy procedure to get a visa on arrival in Nepal.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 03:12 PM

i got mine in nyc... easy and cheap..

the airport in KTH is a zoo... don't wait until then
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM

If it ain't a hassle to arrange a visa before arrival i would recommend that. It saves you waiting in the arrivals hall. And since September is high season that could be long if your not among the first who departed the plane.
Though sometimes it doesn't matter that you have to wait for your visa. If your fast at the visa counter your next point of waiting will be to collect your suitcases. But its probably better to wait there (lots of space) then in a line in front of a visa counter.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I got my visa before I arrived in KTM last March, my friends did the VOA - their line was shorter than ours.

You can download the application form & if you have it completed & photos attached, you will save a few minutes.

Just the luck of the draw as to how many other flights arrive with yours, I guess.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your input. Loooks like we'll go the pre-arrival route.

Richard58
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 04:18 AM

No problem getting a visa at the airport. You can print and complete the form ahead of time. Make sure you have a passport sized visa to attach. Also easier if you have the right money, better if the bills are not too worn. Also, keep your baggage claim stubs handy as they will ask to see this and compare it to your luggage prior to leaving the arrival's hall. I have had mixed experiences with queues, once was out within 15 minutes, another time took over one hours, depends on the number of planes in at the same time.