Nassa Vegas Hotel, Bangkok

Old Oct 31st, 2018, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Nassa Vegas Hotel, Bangkok

I had the Nassa Vegas Hotel recommended to me by people who stayed there but when I read reviews on Tripadvisor plus others it does not look that good. It is $25.00 Canadian a night which is very good but just wondering is the price mainly because it is a bit out of the way. I would appreciate feedback and or other recommendations. This is for the early part of January.
Thank You
Warrsher
Old Oct 31st, 2018, 11:55 AM

I have to admit I've never heard of this place. But being close to a Skytrain Station (BTS) is very important in Bangkok. I wouldn't stay at a place that was not convenient in terms of its location.
Old Nov 1st, 2018, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie
Warrsher
Old Nov 1st, 2018, 11:52 AM

Not a great location but that is probably not the only reason it is cheap. It get a 6.5/10 rating on booking.com which is pretty hard to do! Bangkok has literally thousands of hotels but you do tend to get what you pay for.

That sort of money is not going to buy you anything really nice and it is really going to be a trade off between location and quality of accommodation.

If you are looking for a reasonably long term stay, have you considered Vietnam. That sort of price will buy you much better quality accommodation and the cost of eating and drinking is also much lower than Thailand. Happy to share a few ideas for places in Saigon and Hanoi if you are interested.
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 07:37 AM

One thing the Nasa Vegas Hotel has going for it is the location. Being near the Airport Rail Link you can get to the airport without much difficulty. And you can use the Rail Link together with Skytrain or subway reach other parts of Bangkok.
Home | Nasa Vegas Hotel
UrbanRail.Net > Asia > Thailand > Bangkok Metro

If you have a morning flight and just want to kill a few hours in the city area and back to the hotel for the night - this place will do. But if you will be in the city for several days and want more stuff to walk to perhaps choose Siam, Nana or Asoke area. Siam and Pratunam areas good for shopping. Nana-Asoke good for nightlife, malls, restaurants, etc. Asoke also has connections for the subway too.

Up to you.
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou both Crellsten and Sir Halberd
We are doing 1 month in Thailand and 1 month in Vietnam but our first few days will be in Bangkok and I do appreciate the info I get here on Fodors. I will choose a better location and I think the friends that recommended the Nassa Vegas had used it as a one night stopover so fine for that but otherwise not a good choice as you have pointed out. We are 71 and want to walk to restaurants and things to see. No partying required. Thanks again.
Warrsher
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 01:35 PM

I like the Asoke area. There are malls, restaurants, shops, Skytrain stop, etc. There is nightlife but you can ignore it. Terminal 21 Mall is in Asoke area and has a pretty good food court.

Bangkok is a big city. You won't find it easy to walk to everything so besides city train you will be using taxis too.

Bangkok Area Guides - Everything you Need to Know about Bangkok Areas

Good luck.
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Sir Halberd
Asoke looks like a good area for us as well.
We will book a 3 Star in the $35.00 to $50.00 Canadian for a few nights in early Jan. before heading up to Chaing Mai.
Thanks again. We appreciate the help as this is our first trip to Asia.
Warrsher