KIX to Kyoto help

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KIX to Kyoto help

We ariive at KIX and want to get to hotel in eastern Kyoto. I know someone suggested a bus/limousine but I can't find anything now. Help from all you experts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 02:51 PM

This website gives you the information about the limousine bus http://www.atr.jp/coming/kixkyoto.html.

You can also use a shuttle service which will drop you right at your hotel, rather than just the designated stops http://www.mk-group.co.jp/english/shuttle/index.html
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

ozgal - does the first link mean that the bus takes me to the train staion and then I pay another fee to ride to Kyoto? It would seem the private shuttle would be the better deal, as no question as to "where to go to get which???"
Thanks so very much for the info!
da
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 03:42 PM

The first link tells you how to get to Kyoto train station from the airport. You can get there by bus or train.

That bus has designated stops at Keihan-Sanjo subway station and at the ANA Hotel in addition to Kyoto station.

The door-to-door shuttle described on the second link requires a reservation.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM

The best and easiest way is to take the Haruka train directly from KIX to Kyoto, then a taxi to your hotel. The train is comfortable and has plenty of room for luggage. (At least the Haruka train has room for luggage -- most other train services do not have luggage space.)
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

In looking at the train timetables, how can I find the 'Haruka' train? The listings are for the SHINKANSEN NOZOMI and most involve walking, buses, etc, or are more than the limo (3000y). Maybe I'm not looking at this right.
We are seniors, and my husband is wary of getting too bogged down with the luggage, etc.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 04:19 PM

You're better off taking the bus. You'll get assistance with loading the bags on the bus, and then again when you get the taxi.

What hotel are you going to in Kyoto?

The trouble you are having with the train schedule may be because you are probably using Osaka as your origin. You should use Kansai Airport.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 05:26 PM

Here is a link to the KIX website - on this page is a link that will pop up the Haruka schedule from KIX to Kyoto Station.
http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/engl...ess/jrwest.htm
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

mrwunrfl- we are staying at the Holiday Inn on the east side of Kyoto. Think husband agrees with you about the shuttle. I can't figure out the stop needed for Kyoto. I DID find the stop for Osaka - it defaults to Osaka then I put in the airport. But now I put in Kansai and get something else. Aren't they the same?? And now which stop in Kyoto =????
Would I have to have reserved seats at noon?? (Golden week)
Thanks to all!!
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 05:41 PM

The "Osaka Airport" on hyperdia must be Osaka Itami Airport (ITM), the domestic airport. You want Osaka Kansai Airport (KIX) which is "Kansai airport" in hyperdia.

The main train station in Kyoto is, in fact, Kyoto station. The last link that Mara gave has the right info for the train: Limited Express Haruka every 30 minutes, 73 minutes travel time, 3490 for a reserved seat (which is what you want). That is if you want to take the train.

The bus looks pretty straightforward. The first link above from ozgal gives directions to the bus and train at the airport.

The airport map shows it clearly: from customs come out to the arrival hall on the first floor and to the bus ticket counter and out Exit D and see the limousine bus stop.
http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/english/access/bus.htm

Am not sure which of the three bus stops to use to catch a taxi to the Holiday Inn. btw, I believe that the ANA Hotel, where the bus stops, is like a Holiday Inn so you might consider that hotel unless you were planning on using Priority Club points.
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM

I do have to mention that I haven't stayed at that Holiday Inn or the ANA Hotel, so I can't recommend either one specifically. Just wanted to point out that there are plenty of alternatives to staying in western hotels in Japan (though there is nothing wrong with that!).
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

The problem is that nothing was available for the end of April, except the Holiday Inn. (and back will not allow sleeping on the floor, so no japanese ryokens(?))
Guess I will just have to hope we get the planes, etc and will plan on taking the MK express.
Thanks for all your help.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 10:33 AM

I think the Keihan Sanjo station would be the closest one to the HI. Have a good trip.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 11:58 AM

LIMOUSINE BUS FROM KANSAI TO KYOTO RETURN - I have spent my entire lunch hour looking for a good website for this bus that includes price and I give up - now asking you for help
Is this the bus that supposed;u has a 14 day deal. If we arrive on March 15th and leave on the 29th I think we would qualify for this deal??
Any one else taken this bus and how much did you pay?
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 12:51 PM

travlmom:

Try this link:

http://www.kate.co.jp/pc/english/english.html

You can also try this link for kix info:

http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/english/index.htm

Hope this helps you

Aloha!
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:55 PM

Adults 2500 yen children 1250 yen. HT's links give the schedule. I've never heard of a 14 day deal for the limousine bus. There are lots of rail passes and local transport passes that are available of that you may be thinking of.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM

OK...now I see what you mean about the 14 day thing. If you buy round trip limousine bus tickets and the return is within 14 days, the roundtrip price is 3800 yen. You can buy the tickets between 12:00 noon and 9:00 pm at the limousine bus counter (not from a ticket machine). You will need to ask specifically for round trip and you need to know exactly which bus you will take on the return, so check the schedule ahead of time so you know.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM

March 15 to March 19 is 15 days, isn't it?