Search

JamesA - Flights to Krabi

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:11 AM
CFW
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JamesA - Flights to Krabi

Looking at flights from Phuket to Krabi end of January 2005 and it appears the only airline that does this is Air Andaman. How is Air Andaman? Only timetable and airfare I could find were on sawadee.com and are from 2002. How can I get current info and what is the best way to book flights? Are there other airlines that do that route? You are an expert on all of this, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:54 AM

Im not james nor am I an exper on anything. but I found most of the info ya needed..

since im not james. I'll let him answer. lol..

for a quick tip using yahoo and other search engines do work.. the oficial site is up too date.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 11:10 AM

Most people drive (themselves or car service) from Phuket to Krabi. We had car service arranged thru our hotel and it took 2+ hours. Interesting scenery on the way.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:07 PM
CFW
Original Poster

Orgy, I certainly didn't mean to exclude you -- and I know you're not shy, so feel free to chime in any time! The official Air Andaman web site has nothing on it -- it has a lovely photo of an airplane & says "coming soon."

Elainee, we were thinking of doing the drive, but we'll be going from the Royal Meridien Yacht Club at the tip of Phuket on Nai Harn beach to the Pimilai in Koh Lanta. The RMYC has a spa package that includes transport from the hotel to the airport in Phuket, and the Pimilai offers transport from Krabi airport to the hotel, so I thought I would check out flight info from Phuket to Krabi as an alternative to driving. Also, while in Phuket we plan to do a day trip and take a boat on Phang Nga bay, so I think we'll probably see much of the scenery that way. But I'm open to suggestions ... just trying to explore both options.
If we rent a car, any other suggestions on things to see/do on our way between Phuket & Krabi?
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 02:07 AM

maybe try.. Email : [email protected]

airline code 2Y. sure is aloof.

http://www.airandaman.com/Infomation.html has schudual up too jan 2004.. and it didnt' include krabi, I also didn' find the flight in a bunch of sties. this is a small charter airline that changes routs seasenaly.

I give up..lets see what "my boy" james has..

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 08:08 AM

Orgy has given all the info already. Air Andaman 'used to' operate flights but they stopped quite a while back. It's perhaps 3 hrs door-to-door from your Phuket hotel to your Krabi hotel so that's easy.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM
CFW
Original Poster

Thanks, All.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 04:41 AM

We went from the other Meridien to Rayavadee and had Rayavadee provide the transportation. As I remember, the price was good. Rayavadee provides transportation from the Phuket airport since more flights to into it. I think we only paid to go from the Meridien to the airport. We didn't stop anywhere on the way since we wanted to get to the resort asap.