Phuket or Krabi or Ko Phi Phi?

Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phuket or Krabi or Ko Phi Phi?

I will be visiting Thailand for the first time in November and after visiting Bangkok and Chiang Mai, I would like to spend 7 or 8 nights on the beach. I want to stay somewhere quiet with amazing views. I can't seem to make up my mind on whether I should stay in Krabi, Phuket or Ko Phi Phi. Should I just split my time between all three locations? Please note that my flight from Chiang Mai to Phuket is already booked and that I will fly to Hong Kong from Phuket after my time on the beach. Please help me!

Thanks!
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:13 AM

I would split my time, but you don't need to visit all three places. Maybe Phuket and Phi Phi, since you are flying into and out of Phuket. I do really love Krabi though!

Let's see what others have to say on this issue.
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:23 AM

a couple of days on phi phi might be nice....

khoa lak is lovely as is krabi... it might depend on how you plan to get around... if not driving, i think phuket and all the time would work better... if driving any combo would work...

i don't really consider any part of phuket quiet however
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM

Choose not more than two places - after all, you are supposed to have time to relax. Phuket & PhiPhi would be an easy pair, as you take the speedboat from Phuket and you are flying in/out of Phuket. Krabi mean a longer compute to/from the airport. If you want a quieter spot on Phuket, it means you will be isolated from restaurants and bars outside your resort.
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 12:37 AM

Hello! Let me know if you've found out how to plan your trip between these 3 because I am planning the same itinerary! Flying into Phuket, then I want to go to Phi Phi and Krabi, but not sure which order makes sense in terms of transportation. Then I'll have to get back to Phuket to fly out ...
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Well I purchased a plane ticket from Bangkok to Krabi. I'm still not sure if I want to spend all 7 nights in Krabi or do 4 nights in Krabi and 3 nights on Koh Phi Phi. I am flying out of Phuket to go to Hong Kong. It's hard to decide haha.