Reload this Page >

Hua hin: Dusit / Marriott / Anantara

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:34 AM
Cathy

Hi<BR><BR>I am looking to visit Hua Hin next March and can't decided between the above hotels. I realise that the Dusit is slightly further out of town but would put up with this if it is a lot nicer. We want somewhere to be pampered but would prefer that it feels really Thai rather than just another chain hotel that could be anywhere in the world. Our other main criteria would be on a nice stretch of beach. <BR>Thanks in anticipation,<BR><BR>Cathy

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:38 AM
Cathy

move

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:00 PM
margo

The Marriott is closest to town, you can walk. Beach is quite wide. Hyatt you need a taxi , about 5 minutes to town, beach is quite wide. Anantara is north of the town and you need a taxi. Dusit Resort is probably the 'most classy' of the lot. All are good hotels and all mave a Thai design/decor. I'd probably go for the Hyatt if I could afford it otherwise go back again to the Marriott, you will get pampered and possibly get a much higher standard of room for the same price as a standard room at the Dusit. All those you mention have massage and spas.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:03 PM
Kathie

I stayed at the Anantara in December - it was heaven! You could choose to never leave the resort and have a wonderful time.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:40 AM
Francis

We also have stayed at the Anantara but this time we tried to Hyatt Regency which was also excellent.