Hyatt Regency, Hua Hin

Jul 26th, 2002, 08:39 AM
tony

Hyatt Regency, Hua Hin

Has anyone been there? Is it in Hua Hin or within a short walk? Can't decide between there or the Marriot. Any help would be welcome!

Jul 26th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Margo

You can easily walk into town from the Marriott, from the Hyatt you need to take a tuk-tuk, but it costs just over $1 and takes about 5 minutes. The Marriott is usually cheaper. I wouldn't say the Marriott is nearly as good room/facilty wise as the Hyatt but the convenience of being so close to town has an advantage for the Marriott. Both were nice. When we go next(October) I think we will opt for the Marriott but get a higher grade room which would be the same as a standard room at the Hyatt, hope this helps.

Jul 26th, 2002, 04:50 PM
tony

you have verified whatI thought!Thanks for the info- even though it makes it more difficult to decide!!!!

Jul 27th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Sarah Rey

Tony, I agree with what has been said, all I would add is that the Marriott is rather more 'laid back' and extras tend to be cheaper than at the Hyatt.

Jul 30th, 2002, 02:49 AM
ruth

Am also interested in the Hyatt. Also looking at the Sofitel.Anyone experienced both and can give their preferences and reasons?

Jul 30th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Rebecca

The Sofitel in Hua Hin is similar to Raffles in Singapore, but not as expensive. It is directly on the beach in the middle of Hua Hin. The Hua Hin Hyatt Regency resort is about 5 minutes from town. I would suggest the Sofitel for classic style.

Jul 30th, 2002, 01:27 PM
ruth

Rebecca
thanks. I have been leaning towards the Sofitel after a little more research today.

Jul 31st, 2002, 01:12 PM
Jill

I would recommend the Sofitel Grand, it is the 'grand dame' of Hua Hin hotels, the gardens are glorious. Walk along the beach to your right and it becomes much quieter. There is a great deal more to Hua Hin than you might expect from the information provided at hotels. They were not very much help when we wanted to see Muay Thai boxing and the cabaret show, they kind of looked 'down their noses' at us, there is an active but quite 'decent' nightlife in Hua Hin but both the Sofitel and the Dusit where we stayed before seemed to want us to spend our evenings at the hotel itself, do venture out, it is quite a large town and there are plenty of things to do in the evenings.

Search this Thread