Reload this Page >

Pools at Sofitel and Marriott, Hua Hin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Rachelle

Could anybody please tell me which hotel has the nicest and largest pool area between the Marriott Hotel, Hua Hin and the Sofitel, Hua Hin? My husband and I plan to spend quite some time relaxing by the pool Thanks!

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 01:01 PM
JamesA

For pools I would certainly say Sofitel Hua Hin has the edge over the Marriott. But the best pools are at the Hyatt regency in Hua Hin. The Sofitel is one of the best beach hotels in Asia, I would actually say one of the best anywhere. The rooms are very good and there is a very historical feel about the place.<BR>But at the same time the beach at the Marriott Resort is wider and you can probably get a Junior suite for the same price as a standard room at the Sofitel.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 07:42 PM
bob

we stayed at the marriott and loved the pool area...there were lots of trees and some shade...which you need...it was near the beach also...it has the widest section of the beach..<BR><BR>the sofetil has a very large open pool...not much shade, and you need some...its beach is ok but not as nice as marriott..it is a bigger hotel<BR><BR>we would go to the marriott again..<BR><BR>we also looked at the newish hyatt...it looks just fabulous...it is huge with many pools and pool areas....it was too formal for us and not as relaxing looking as the marriott<BR><BR>go to the marriott for a relaxing time

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 02:07 AM
orgy7

which has the lowest pH levals.? yep..

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 07:18 PM
sarah rey

If you want huge pool areas and wide beach the Dusit Resort and Polo Club near Cha Am, about 15 minutes from Hua Hin is quite amazing. I agree though the Marriott is very relaxed and pleasant hotel