Hong Kong 2 for 1 Package???

Old Jul 6th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hong Kong 2 for 1 Package???

Hello-
Anyone else out there seen those 2 for 1 packages for Hong Kong right now?
Has anyone taken one?
There was a big ad in today's paper
web address is www.discoverhongkong.com/usa
They start at $965 for two people, airfare, 3 nights hotel, transfers, etc.
Better packages are 5 nights, airfare, etc. from about $1100.
Too good to pass up? Many of the packages are on Cathay Pacific which is a pretty good airline (better than China Air).
A couple of years ago I did a similar package to Bangkok with China Air and it was great.
I was in HK about 4 years ago, but with these deals I'm thinking about going back.
Is anyone familiar with the Kowloon Hotel? How about the Miramar Hotel? Or the Hyatt Regency Kowloon?
Thanks!
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 06:53 PM

we stayed at the kowloon hotel last year....you could not ask for a better location--directly in back of the peninsula hotel--in fact it is owned by them and you do get some reciprocal benefits....there is a great dim sum restaurant in the basement....rooms are very small but who cares...with that location you can't beat it....we paid $818 each (2) which included 6 nites at kowloon and then we extended and moved to the renaissance across the street and up the block...i would stay there again...its right in the heart of things..that pkg included 1/2 day sighseeing tour and transfers and continental flight from newark---we originated in boston---it was a pacific delight tour...
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 06:57 PM

I haven't stayed there, but I did look at the Hyatt Regency Kowloon a few years ago. The rooms are nice, and they are famous for their Chinese restaurant there - some consider it the "best " in Hong Kong. The location is great - just a block from the Star Ferry.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 04:11 AM

I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency Kowloon. It's a very comfortable hotel, the rooms are nicely furnished, and the room service coffee is surprisingly terrific. The location has its good points -- right on Nathan Road and directly at the MTR (subway) station. (Kathie is a bit mistaken; the Hyatt is actually several blocks from the Star Ferry.) The down-side of the location is that all views are awful (either the back of the building or the notorious Chungking Mansions across Nathan Rd), and the front of the hotel is actually in the back.

For the price, it's a great deal. I'd certainly go for the 5 nights, and I'd probably choose either the Hyatt or Kowloon Hotel (because it's managed by the Peninsula group).
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 05:17 PM

Aberdeen tours is offering a 5 night package with a half day tour for 888., including airfare on China Airlines.. doesnt sound too bad