Search

Honeymoon in SEA guidance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon in SEA guidance

Hello,

After much plan changing and help from Fodorites we have decided on a plan of action for our honeymoon. Any advice on the actual itinerary would be very welcome.

After getting married in Kumamoto Japan on May 10th we plan to fly out of Fukuoka on May 11th.

-May 11:Fukuoka to Koh Samui (fast and easy to get to; relaxation post- wedding; good island choice?) 4 nights at some swank resort. Any suggestions?

-May 15: Koh Samui to Luang Prabang (seems like going to LP, before Siem Reap has better flight options: from Koh Samui to LP, from LP to SR and from SR to BKK) Thinking 4 nights in LP. Good amount of time? Suggestions of a nice place to stay?

-May 19: Luang Prabang to Siem Reap: Thinking 2 or 3 nights. Again, good amount of time? Any suggestion for accommodations?

-May 21 or 22: SR to Bangkok for 3 or 4 nights. Thinking of the Metropolitan. But the Peninsula has caught my eye. Suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bruce
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:45 PM

The outline of your trip sounds perfect. Good amount of time in each location. In Siem Riep, many of us have enjoyed a guide named Ponheary. You can reach her at [email protected]. Her brother Dara is also excellent.

In LP, the luxury hotel is the Residence Phou Vou. It's outside town and has a shuttle. However, I think staying in town has an advantage. Do a search on this forum for choices.

In BKK, I think staying on the river is best. The Peninsula is on the river, the metropolitan is not.
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM

BTW, what part of Japan is Brooklyn in?
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the confirmation. My wife to be is from Japan. I'm the Brooklynite. Actually an Angelino for over 20 years. But always a New Yorker.
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 07:36 PM

allow about 1/2 day or more for travel between most points...

samui is a good choice, not sure of exact weather however...
meridien hotel, pansea hotel and lots of new ones...

4 nites in LP is very nice as is the Residence.....Maison S is the 2nd choice for many....

in bkk, it is only the penn. for honeymooners, at least at the end of your trip.....the std. room is fine, no need to pay more...

look at these hotel sites:

make sure to tell them all it is your honeymoon!!

www.asiarooms.com
www.agoda.com

the met. is not a great location....stay on the river.....slightly cheaper is the marriott resort and spa, shangri-la and hilton...