First night in Bangkok, where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone could offer a good suggestion for a hotel my 1st night or two in Bangkok. I fly in and want to book something easy to get to from the airport, and something fun and comfortable in a cultured, interesting part of the city. I aim to spend most of my trip outside of the "hotel scene", but I feel like I want to treat myself first off and ease myself into Asia by staying in a nice place. Could anyone offer a suggestion? When I say nice though, I am thinking 70-90 USD, not a penthouse suit : ) Compared to the 4-8 USD hostels I will be staying at the rest of my journey, that is a splurge.

THANKS AS ALWAYS!!
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM

Really, anything in the city is easy to get to from the airport. You get in a taxi and have them turn on the meter. In maybe 30 minuted, you're there. The one thing you do not want to do is to stay out near the airport - there is nothing there except the airport.

It's easiest if you stay near the Skytrain. People will have lots of suggestions for you, like the Asia Hotel. I'd suggest you check out one of the booking sites like sawadee.com and look for hotels in your price range. Note that most of the prices on this site include tax and service and often breakfast, which make the prices an especially good deal.
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 04:24 AM

Hotels in Bangkok are reasonably priced.

The Asia Hotel is a good choice. It is not far from shopping areas on Phetchaburi Road. Best of all the Asia is right on a Skytrain stop.

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_bangkok.htm

If you want to be in a more exciting area where there is a lively nightlife, lots of travel agencies for tours, good restaurants in all price ranges and easy walk to many malls and bars then choose the Sukhumvit Road area.

One Hotel off of Sukhumvit Road is the Swiss Park Hotel, it is within an easy walk to the Nana Skytrain.

http://www.swissparkhotelbangkok.com/

List of hotels in Bangkok.

http://www.asiahotels.com/location-l...d.asp&sr=3

In Bangkok you can find hotels that have air starting around 600 baht. A hotel that is around 1000 to 1400 baht is not that bad. This includes private toilet/showers, maid service, cable TV and safety box for storage. If you want to save money check some other hotels out after you get to Bangkok.

There are other hotels you can get at higher prices but wouldn't you prefer to save the difference on souvenirs, shopping or something else?

Good luck.
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 04:27 AM

Three star hotels in Bangkok. See if this link opens.

http://www.asiahotels.com/location-l...d.asp&sr=3

If not just Google up "three star hotels Bangkok" and you will get the same list.
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 05:32 AM

centre point silom is one possibility...maybe just about your budget or slightly higher...

priceline might work