BKK Hotels

Jul 21st, 2005, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

BKK Hotels

I have been searching threads and still havent come up with my answer though a fewideas...I am going to be in BKK for about 4 nights. I am a female travelling alone. I want safety, a clean (hopefully bug free!) room, a fitness center (swim pool if possible), convenience to transportation, good neighborhood hotel not out of the way for between $60-100/night. Any suggestions of hotel/neighborhood?
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

a
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:56 AM

at that price you will not have any bugs....

there are tons of places to stay...you just need to decide where you would like to stay...there are so many areas...most of us prefer the river but $100 is difficult...center point silom is one...

chateau de bangkok
holiday inn silom
novotel
davis hotel
priceline hotels offered on sukhumvit

safety really is not an issue in bkk either...

help us make suggestions by being more specific
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:06 AM

Chateau de Bangkok is a real good one. I stayed there for a night Aug 2004 and only paid 1500Baht(before tax) for a Jr. Suite with kitchenette.There's a pool on the roof top.It's at the Ploenchit skytrain staion. There isn't however, anything really interesting to do in the area, but it's only about 200-300 meters...I can't remember which to the skytrain station. Then you only have to go one stop to Chitlom where a lot of the shopping is or two stops to Siam which is the main skytrain stop. Go on nancychandler.net and order her map of Bangkok. By the way, I'm female and mostly travel alone,too. Also, I hear the Asia Hotel is good,too and probably even more convenient...and the Novatel has always been a good choice although I haven't stayed at the Bangkok one, but have found them very consistant in other countries.Plus the Novatel one is in the Siam area. Happy Travels!
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:07 AM

I think there are thousends of threads about hotels in bkk. I'm shocked you didn't find anything.
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Sorry - I was misuderstood. I found tons of threads but havent been able to figure from that what neighborhood/hotel although just after I sent the posting I did find one that may have cleared things up. I just wasnt sure what the most convenient part of town to stay in is. why do most peopke prefer the river? (and I will order the nancy chandler map right away -- thanks!) Thanks all!
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:03 AM

Staying on the river captures the magic of Thailand. It gives you a sense of thailand that isn't connected to shopping malls -- personally it's the side of thailand I much prefer.
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Is the rembrant hotel well located or near the skytrain?
Jul 21st, 2005, 12:32 PM

Rembrandt is well located just off Sukhumvit Road approx 2/3 mins walk from Nana Skytrain Station.

Directly opposite the Sukhumvit Road, opposite the rembrandt is Landmark Hotel - excellent choice for your requirements
Jul 21st, 2005, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kevey - that's helpful.

So this is what I have narrowed down to...Any thoughts?

Pathumwan Princess
Chateau de BKK
Landmark
Novotel Siam Square
Asia Hotel
Rembrandt
Davis

What's the best in terms of facilities (ie fitness center), location, pool, comfort....? Thanks for all of your feedback!
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:25 PM

Hello,

I just got back from Bangkok. I stayed at the Swiss Lodge Hotel (www.swisslodge.com), which is near the Sala Daeng Sky Train station. It got it for $54 a night on www.asiahotels.com and I thought it was excellent! The rooms are spacious, very clean, comfortable furniture, sound proof and it included a wonderful breakfast. It is a small boutique hotel but still had all the usual amenities. I highly recommend it. I was travelling in Asia for 2 months and this was one of my favorite places to stay. The location next to the skytrain is great and it is only 1 or 2 stops from Siam Centre (which is the large interchange station). It is also close to the Patpong night market and the Suan Lum Night Bazaar. I had a friend from Singapore who stayed at the Pathumwam Princess and he really liked it.

Jul 21st, 2005, 07:12 PM

NOTE. the rembrandt is NOT located near nana. it's on suk 18 and closer to asoke station but not that close and if you walk too the statiion you have too cross the wicked bussy intersection of asoke st. which can be a pain sometimes. the subway is also at the intersection.

Jul 21st, 2005, 07:37 PM

orgy is right...rembrandt and landmark must be 10-15 walk apart...

from you list i would choose chateau de bangkok for location and all though i have not been inside, i would choose it on guenmai's approval...davis and landmark would also be choices...landmark is the best located of the whole bunch when you take into account the skytrain...

i would choose chateau because i like that area for restaurants as well as skytrain is not all that far and the area is very nice...one of bkk's best
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

ok folks. I really appreciate your help! Thank you.