eoctours in Thailand

Mar 15th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

eoctours in Thailand

My husband and I will be in Bangkok and Mae Sot and are looking for a 3 day trek in a nature area. We have seen the website for "ActiveThailand" which offers a trek from Kanchanaburi to Erawan National Park. Does anyone have experience with this tour company? Can anyone recommend a guide or company to book a 3 day tour of a forest?
Thanks
Mar 15th, 2005, 09:37 PM

Try:

www.trekthailand.net

They look to be very eco friendly and have a variety of projects running to help the refugees. They use local operators, hotels and businesses which also have sound eco tourism values.

Shein is currently looking at putting something together for my daughter and me next month.
Mar 17th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip. I checked the web site and it looks promising. How did you pick this agency? Do you know anyone that has worked with them? I appreciate the feedback.

Mar 17th, 2005, 01:42 PM

Hi Marla,
I found the website while planning our trip last year. As it turns out I didn't use their services but I did take a large number of second hand books for their English program. Shein Li met us at the airport. He is a young man concerned about the welfare of his fellow countrymen.

He has just put together a trip for my daughter and I going to Mae Hong Son for 3 nights, which looks great! He also has the best rate for the Novotel Siam Sq that I have found so we'll be staying there before heading north. I want to catch the Chatachuk weekend market that I missed last time.

We arrive late on Good Friday, fly to Mae Hong Son on Sunday, have 3 nights at the Fern Resort with a guide and air con van for 2 days. Tour includes long tail boat to the long neck people, visiting 2 other tribes as well as caves and temples etc. Then we fly back to bangkok to finish up with 2 nights at the Marriot Reort and Spa.

After sending the inital enquiry form, Shein Li replied by email. He is most accommodating and has answered all my questions, including approx taxi fare form airport etc. He asked what we wanted to do and suggested 2 options. His response time is also fast.
Mar 18th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Rhonda,
That is very helpful. I am doing everything last minute and will take the information with me. We will be in Thailand for a week before setting off on our own, so hopefully we are not too late to make arrangements.
Thanks so much,
Marla

Search this Thread