Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Weather in February Compared to Florida?

Aug 31st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

I understand it is hot hot hot in Thailand, but we live in Florida where it is also hot and muggy. Any comments about the difference between summers in Florida and February in Bangkok? Just wondering how much adjustment we will actually have to make.
Aug 31st, 2008, 02:27 PM

www.weatherbase.com will give you the month by month data, average highs and lows, rainfall, etc. Check the various places you are visiting in Thailand, then compare with your city in Florida.
Aug 31st, 2008, 02:41 PM

Summer in FLA is worse than Feb in BKK. Having said that, BKK is a congested city. Pool breaks are a pleasure. As is riding on the river.
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:29 AM

Hi

I also use weather base and it gives me an idea of what to expect. But Bangkok can be very hot and humid and combined with lots of traffic and lots of difference scents from food and dirty canals it can be a shock to the body But it is still a great place to visit. Here is my Bangkok trip report with pictures and links: http://gardkarlsen.com/Bangkok_trip_report_2007.htm

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Sep 1st, 2008, 07:18 AM

I've been to Bangkok once (loved it, loved it!) - and it was in February. I'd say it's comparable to summers in Florida as far as heat and humidity, although no afternoon showers. You'd have little adjustment to the weather. It's a great city.
Sep 1st, 2008, 01:58 PM

I was in Bangkok this past February, and it was about 86-88 and sunny every day. I did not notice the humidity at all. It was very pleasant.
Sep 1st, 2008, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Great - as a Florida we will be well acclimated to the weather and will be able to be up and running in no time! I've dealt with jet lag going to Europe, but never to Asia before. Am hoping it doesn't have too bad of an effect.
Sep 1st, 2008, 06:08 PM

i would compare bkk weather most of the year to the very worst day you ever have had in fla.....hot and humid