air fare from bangkok to seam reap???

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw a price of $292 r/t for bangkok to seam reap (on bangkok air). this means $600 for my wife and i to fly. it seems high, because it is only a 1 hour flight. does anyone know where/how i can get a lower fare?

Old May 20th, 2004, 06:35 PM
sandi

When we did the trip two-years ago, our air was approximately $250 r/t person. Granted the price might have gone up, but the difference of $42 might be in the exchange rate since then to now.

But you should check on a Bangkok Air Pass. If your time in Thailand is taking youto other places Bangkok Air flies you might be able to save a few dollars. Only problem with the Air Pass is that you have to purchase it outside of Thailand, and there are limited number of seats for Air Pass use.

Old May 20th, 2004, 07:18 PM

it is practically a monopoly, just as bkk air has the same to koh samui, so they charge what they want...
they are a good airline and they put you in their lounge before the flight which is nice...
they have a nyc office if that helps you at all...
angkor is worth every cent....i had my doubts after seeing the price, but you will love it....make sure you spend several days there---3 is a minimum really...also book a driver and guide...it will be the best money spent...$20 each per day...you hotel can help or there are some mentioned here...the car with a/c is worth its weight in gold, believe me...go slow because it is very hot there...
Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:16 AM

I went with a friend in Aug "03. It was about US$240. It was a little less than the website rate because I got someone to book it and pay for it in Baht from Bangkok - see if this yields you any saving. Agree with Bob - not to be missed experience. I loved it so much in Sug that I went back a second time with my husband in Feb!
Old May 23rd, 2004, 07:40 AM

If Bangkok Air still has the Discovery Airpass it's a great deal. You must fly 3 segments on the airline to qualify. If you do, the fare is $80 per one way ticket from Thailand to destinations outside Thailand (such as to Laos/Cambodia, etc.) and $50 OW to destinations within Thailand.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 07:53 AM

The Discovery pass is a great deal. BUT there are a limited number of seats available for discovery pass holders on each flight, and the Bangkok - Siem Reap flights sell out. So make sure you can get a seat on your desired flight and reserve it well in advance.