Question--Lufthansa First Class lounge in Frankfurt

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have a 3.5 hour layover in Frankfurt after an overnight flight from US, connecting to Rome. What facilities can I expect in the Lufthansa first call lounge? Showers, napping facilities, meal, etc. Thank you
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:35 AM

Yes to all of those, and more.

First of all, you will have a choice of first class lounges: there's a small F lounge in the Terminal A, a much larger one in B, and there's a separate First Class Terminal that's about a 5- or 10-minute walk from the A/B/C Terminals.

I suggest you head to the F lounge in Terminal B; it's excellent. You can take a shower, get a massage at the spa (though you'll be charged for that), and there's a full self-serve restaurant (no charge for any food or drink). They change from breakfast to lunch at about 10.30am in the restaurant. There are 2 day rooms where you can take a nap, but I find the day beds not terribly comfortable.

When it's time for your flight, one of the personnel will assist you through security, if necessary.

Alternatively, the First Class Terminal is a lot of fun. It has pretty much the same facilities/features as the F Lounge in Term B, but you will get a private ride to your flight to Rome (assuming that the flight to Rome is on Lufthansa). To get to the First Class Terminal, go through immigration and customs and exit from the terminal at which you arrive. Turn left when you reach the street, and follow that road for about 300 yards until you reach the First Class Terminal. Buzz to get in (the main entrance is 1 level higher, on the departures level) -- an agent will be down in a minute or two.

Don
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Very timely -- we may be needing this facility for a similar layover in a few months; thanks for posting.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:28 AM

annw (and anyone else):

If your layover in Frankfurt (or Munich) is longer than the 3.5 hrs of the OP, you might want to take advantage of the free day room that Lufthansa provides at the Kempinski hotel.

The FRA Kempinski is about a 5- or 10-minute drive from the airport, and there's a complimentary shuttle service. The hotel is enormous, in a suburban/country setting, and a decent enough place to catch up on sleep and refresh yourself. (I believe that the MUC Kempinski is actually at the airport, though I haven't stayed there.)

Don
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:58 AM

Many thanks; my layover is shorter (we are on award travel so couldn't get the same flights) but the DH has a 4 hour stop there coming back (connecting on trip from Milan to US); he will be having to do some internet-heavy work, though, and will probably be wanting to scope out the business facilities more than sleeping; nonetheless, this is very valuable info; thanks again!
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 03:22 AM

Back from my trip, and oh my goodness, took a leisurely bath complete with rubber ducky at the FC lounge, I think in B terminal but could have been A I suppose, while waiting for DH!! All as Don reported above.

FC Lufthansa (upper deck 747-400) was incredible, with two seats assigned to FC pax, one for sleeping (they made up the bed while you put your provided jammies on) and one for sitting. Fabulous digs and service. DH was on a different Lufthansa flight and wonderful flatbed and service but more traditional seating. Sorry couldn't help adding airline comment.