Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Use of Lounge with First Class to Frankfurt and Economy to Bangalore......

Feb 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

I am looking at reservations for a trip using CO FF miles. One option is "Mixed Cabin" on Luthstansa which shows first class to Frankurt and economy to Bangalore for 80,000 FF miles. Would I be allowed in the First Class lounge in Frankfort on such a ticket???
Thanks.
Jane
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Frankfurt!
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:27 PM

Assuming that all of your flights are on Lufthansa aircraft, you would be have access to the (superb) Lufthansa first class lounge and first class terminal in Frankfurt.
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

Even if my flight to Bangalore is in economy?? (Both flights are on Luthhansa)
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access

No, you don't. You are arriving FRA on International First Class, and that only gives you access to the Welcome Lounge outside baggage claim outside security. If you are Star Alliance Gold, then you can use the Senator Lounge inside security.

And how you get your LH F ticket makes no difference. I saw you post the question on the United forum on Flyertalk. That is irrelevant.
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Rkkwan, from the chart you posted, it looks as though there are Business Class lounges that would be accessible without going outside the secure area. Is that correct?? Business Class TO Frankfurt and coach to Bangalore is also an option (for 60,000 FF miles). Jane
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:40 AM

rkkwan, has Lufthansa changed its policy recently (within the past 12 months)? Based on my own experience and the following blurb from FlyerTalk, LH->LH gets you access to FCL/FCT in FRA, as long as at least one of the flights is in F:

"I'm arriving on LH / LX F and departing same day on another carrier in any cabin class, will I have access to the F terminal?

Yes, if your onward flight is operated by LH, Swiss, Air Dolomiti or Austrian Airlines Group. Otherwise, you will only have access to the LH F airside lounges or (if eligible) the lounge of the airline operating your onward flight."

[http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...fct-faqs.html]
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:53 AM

I think Don is correct. Pls ignore my previous post. My apologies.
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Here's a copy from Lufthansa's lounge related website:

"Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers."

Look at the last sentence: it makes it clear that as an arriving passenger you will NOT have access to teh First Class Terminal - Sorry
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:58 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention: you have access to the First Class Lounges (from the same website):

"First Class boarding pass for a same-day arriving / departing flight" (on Lufthansa or Swiss)