Search

JaneB, question "1st Class Sleeper"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JaneB, question "1st Class Sleeper"

JaneB,
Looked on the web about the "1st Class Sleeper". Had never heard of it before. Is it truly easy to inflate/deflate? Does it work good? Tell about it please.
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 05:27 PM

It is incredibly easy to inflate--just takes a few puffs. Your body is "encased" by the cushion once you sit on it--and your feet stretch out forward. I liked it. When I wearied of sitting up, I deflated it somewhat, folded it up, and put it on the tray in front of me and rested my head forward. My husband refused to use one, however. He prefers to suffer--no meds or anything to make the trip more comfortable.
Also, the "Sleeper" folds up fairly compact for storage in your carry-on.
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:29 AM

Here's the website. http://www.1stclasssleeper.com/index.htm.

It sure looks interesting. I think I'll buy one, although it will be a few months before I can report on it. I'll be sure to do so later.
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Think I HAVE to have one. Thanks for the tip.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Bump
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM

I've used one for years. Especially on trans-Atlantic flights, it makes a huge difference. More comfort, less backache.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 06:36 PM

If the seat rows are too close together, doesn't this cushion make you feel even more cramped? sometimes my knees are touching the back of the seat in front of me -- how can there be room to set forward on the seat?

And do the flight attendants mind? How high does the cushion stick up above the normal seat?

I'm definitely looking for something -- especially to help support my neck.

Although I did end up with quite a butt and back-ache two years ago, when I flew from NY to Istanbul on a broken seat! the seat was absolutely caved in.

I'm flying to East Africa in October, so I'll be going NYC to Amsterdam, and then Amsterdam to Nairobi, so I definitely need to do something or I'll be in too much neck/back pain to enjoy my vacation.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 08:44 PM

Looks kinda dumb.
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM

El Swainer, I'd rather look dumb and be able to walk on arrival than look good and arrive in pain!

Ann_nyc:
1. You ask "If the seat rows are too close together, doesn't this cushion make you feel even more cramped? sometimes my knees are touching the back of the seat in front of me -- how can there be room to set forward on the seat?" The first class sleeper puts you in a different angle in your seat. By moving your butt forward, your legs slant down so that your knees are lower than they are when you are sitting up straight. I know it seems funny but I feel less claustrophobic is close quarters when I use the sleeper than when I don't.
2. "And do the flight attendants mind?" I've never had a flight attendant express an opinion one way or the other and have used the sleeper on many many flights on a wide variety of air carriers.
3. "How high does the cushion stick up above the normal seat?" When positioned correctly, the sleeper doesn't stick up above the normal seat.
4. "I'm definitely looking for something -- especially to help support my neck." I use the sleeper in conjunction with an inflatable neck pillow. But the neck pillow alone doesn't prevent lower back pain, which is what the sleeper addresses.
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 11:36 PM

I found them to be very uncomfortable as I felt like I was sitting on an air mattress in a cramped space. Everytime I moved,I woke myself up.