Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Is there an easy way to search for available FF Delta sky saver flights online?

Old Dec 27th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the long title. I am trying to find 2 first class seats to FCO and all I come up with is sky choice seats. I am flexible as to dates and even departure cities{SLC, DEN, DRO,ABQ]but it seems like I have to keep putting in the info for each variable each time I try a different combination. Is there a way I can search online for open flights?

Thanks...
Debi
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 04:26 AM

I believe either the Start Over option or the Back button will retain the original information so you can just put in the changes. However, you are still only going to see the Delta flights. If you call Delta and ask for the Partner Desk they will gladly check on flights which combine Delta domestic US flights with Air France, Alitalia, and others.

Or, you can wait another month or so (as it's rumoured) and Delta will have a new award calendar feature up on their site.

Having said that, if you are looking for summer travel there are almost no SkySaver seats as they have enough demand that they can offer mostly SkyChoice.

Best bet: grab a book and call Delta. They will put you on hold and run a program which will automatically do all the searching and discuss the results/options with you.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 06:14 AM

You can use this Northwest site to check availability on Northwest/KLM, Continental, Air France, and Czech (doesn't work for Alitalia) and then call Delta with the available flights you find. There's a drop down menu at the bottom to select the airline and you can keep checking 7 days forward or backward from your original date. It works better if you check segment by segment so it still takes some time. Good luck!
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 06:15 AM

Sorry, forgot the link http://tinyurl.com/y3rxfm

Or you can just call the partner award desk.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Jed

I'm in the same situation. Thanks for the info, Patty.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 10:38 AM

I forgot to mention that if your award itinerary consists of any transatlantic flights on NW or CO, that will bump the Skymiles mileage requirement to 100K per ticket in business as opposed to 90K.

And once in a while (though very rarely) I've found an available NW or KL flight through that site that was't available for DL Skymiles redemption. I've assumed that this is because Worldperks members have access to additional availability on NW/KL not available to other Skyteam program members though I could be wrong. Overall my success rate has been high enough that I still find that site an invaluable tool.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I knew about the 100,000 miles needed for NW, but thought it was still only 90K for CO if all the flights were CO?

Debi
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 11:39 AM

See note #4 here http://tinyurl.com/yeoj64

Using either NW or CO will increase the mileage requirement to 100K if you're redeeming Skymiles.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Yup, you are correct! My bad!
Debi