How to use an MCO/travel voucher?

Old Apr 5th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to use an MCO/travel voucher?

I've got a "Travel Voucher" (is this an MCO?) for AA and I expect to be receiving an MCO from LH for a returned ticket. I'm not sure how I am to use these hardcopy documents considering that I book my travel online.

I got the AA voucher when TW/AA messed up a reservation and I had to pay $100 at the gate to get on the plane. They eventually sent me the voucher for $150 travel on AA. It expired on Jan 4, 2003 (one year from date of issue), though it says "service charge applies for reissue".

I had a r.t. ticket IAD - MUC for $303, but I had to cancel the trip. This was a LH ticket bought at united.com on a UA codeshare flight.

I actually got charged $409 for the LH ticket, so I called United. They said to call Lufthansa. They said to call united.com. They said to mail in the ticket and they would reissue and credit my cc for the $106 difference. Next day, they said don't send in the ticket, they'd send me a check that should arrive in 6 weeks. That was mid-Feb and the check would arrive a couple days before the departure on March 27.

A couple of days before 3/27, I got a call from united.com saying that they are working on it and I should see the check in 6 weeks!

Since they called me, I took the opportunity to cancel my trip to Munich (due to illness) using their war-time refund/reissue policy. united.com gave me the address to Lufthansa Refunds and told me to mail the ticket there with an explanation. I followed those instructions.

If I ever get the $106 check, I'll know what to do with it. What I don't know are what options I have in using an MCO, if I get one.

What I'm hoping to hear from y'all is that I can book a ticket online, then take the LH (or AA) document to the airport on the day of the trip and get the amount credited back to the c.c. that I used to charge the ticket.

Here's a tip: if your chest hurts when you breathe, go directly to the hospital.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will tell you what you could have done with the AA voucher if it was valid. Book your flight on AA.com, put it on hold, call AA.com web help desk, tell them you have a voucher, they take your CC# and charge the difference and tell you to either drop off the voucher at the nearest airport within a day or so, or if not convinient, give you an address to mail your voucher in. As soon as they get it, they e-mail your e-ticket confirmation. Since the voucher expired 3 months ago, I doubt very much it's worth the paper it's printed on. The only suggestion I have right now is to call AA and ask.
Why did you wait so long?
Can't help you with LH.
Good Luck!