Delta SkySaver vs SkyChoice Seats

Old May 19th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta SkySaver vs SkyChoice Seats

I am looking at award seats for SA - Peru specifically. I see both types of award seats available. Seems like the SkySaver seats are on Continental and the SkyChoice Seats on Delta. The SkyChoice award gives the option to view seats, but the SkySaver awards don't give that option. If I choose SkySaver, will I be able to select my seats at the time I book the award tickets? Are there any restrictions on which seats can be reserved - would hate to be stuck in middle seats?
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM

I think you need to contact CO directly after the ticket is issued for seat assignments. You can view available seats on the CO website. I'm not sure what CO's rules are for premium/non-premium seats. Perhaps rkkwan can advise.
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM

You can get seat assignments on CO after you already ticket. The front rows are reserved for CO and NW elites and exit rows Gold/Plat elites. I don't believe that benefit applies to DL elites.

If you want to check what kind of seats are available now, search for the flights on continental.com, and then view the seatmap there. You can get one of the white seat assigned, but not a blue one.
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. As mentioned in my original post, I just wanted to make sure there would be no requirement to wait to get seats at the airport for SkyChoice. Sounds like I won't have to wait, but just work with CO if I end up selecting one of those flights.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Jed

Friends of mine got Skysaver seats (BC) on Delta for Peru in Sept. Are you sure Delta won't give you Skysaver seats? Can you give more info?
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Jed, it's not they won't give me SkySaver - but when I checked the available flights all the SkySaver awards seemed to be for partner flights (on Continental) and there wasn't an option to view the seat configuration.

In any event, we decided to go with BC/FC award seats instead of economy and they were only available on Delta flights at this time anyway. I just put my seats on hold, made my seat selections (good ones if Seatguru is to be relied upon), and will redeem the itinerary tomorrow.
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:11 PM

I hope you tried first for 7EF on the LIM flights ... superior legroom and they recline to almost flat.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

NoFlyZone - those are the exact seats I reserved both coming and going! Good to get confirmation from a live source about the extra legroom. I didn't think they would recline to almost flat since it's the last row in Business, but that is good news too - especially for the return flight.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:03 AM

They recline more than other FC seats because they're used as crew rest on longer flights. There's a "secret" lever in the armrest. Pull the lever and push the seat recline button at the same time.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Patty for telling me about the secret lever.