Check for United schedule changes

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now seems to be a good time to check for schedule changes to your United itineraries and verify that you still have the seats you wanted.

I got a call about a schedule change and checked online at My Itineraries. I found that 3 of my 9 itineraries had schedule changes. The changes were all minor, one was a flight number change.

The changed itins included one itinerary that I put on hold yesterday late afternoon. (the change was to UA 947 on a DME-IAD-LAX itin).

So maybe they are making lots of other changes today.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Regardless of the airline you should make a habit of ALWAYS checking your flight numbers and departure times a few days prior to your travel days and again within 24 hours of your scheduled flight. All airlines make schedule changes and they can happen anytime in the months, weeks, days or even hours before a flight. Much better to be safe than sorry.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 02:39 PM

I recently read where UA and AA will be cutting flights and taking planes out of service beginning in the 1st quarter because of the economy.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM

You might want to check your itineraries again. My schedule was changed slightly for a trip ORD-LAX-SYD, MEL-SYD-LAX-ORD a couple days ago. Checking again today I found that they made more slight changes today. The worst part is listening to the robot reading the schedule to me for the change!
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 06:47 AM

I always check my itineraries online - all airlines - because they do seem to change as they move planes around to cover the demand. All the airlines have been pretty good about sending emails, but your seats get eliminated, so I check constantly. I do it online though, I would go nuts listening to a machine.....
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 05:43 PM

I have been checking hoping for a price change so I can get vouchers if there is a difference. Today I noticed our April IAD-AMS flight was changed from a 777 to a 767 which resulted in a change of seating. There was also a departure change, but only five minutes.

So far our BRU-IAD return flight is still a 777.
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 07:08 AM

I had a few changes in the last week as well. The most interesting one puts us in the new business seats--but unfortunately only for a short IAD-ORD segment at the end of a trip to Europe, which will otherwise be all old business seats on the 777. I'm betting before all is said and done, that flight will change again (probably several times)...and will end up using a domestic aircraft.