British Airways WT (Plus)

Oct 17th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

British Airways WT (Plus)

Last year, I flew from Dusseldorf to Chicago on AA Business Class, which was fine. This year, due to cutbacks, business class doesn't seem to be an option (fingers crossed, but since I'm not paying, I have to take what I'm given), but I have been offered a seat from London to O'Hare on WTPlus. I've read the older comments here on BA WTP, have there been any changes/improvements to the services since last last year?
Also, about how much would it cost (best guess) to upgrade one way from WTPlus to Business (the London to Chicago leg, since that's a day flight)?
Thanks!
Oct 17th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Forgot to add, I've tentatively been offered seat 25J on the way to Chicago (we're not living in Germany this year, so flights from FRA or Dusseldorf on other airlines are out of the picture).
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:57 AM

Remember...you said "guess"...but I think you could probably get a R/T WTP LHR ORD for about $1000,assuming you are travelling in the next few months.If you buy the return portion in business class,that would probably make the whole ticket in the neighborhood of maybe $5,200.So the business class one way would set you back about $500 per flying hour if my math is accurate.HTH.....S
Oct 17th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Hmmm, a little more than I was hoping.
Other questions: I know the difference in seat size, any difference in food service, drinks, etc.? Is there an amenity kit? Or is this essentially run of the mill economy service etc, just tarted up with a slightly bigger seat?
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:27 AM

You might want to go to flyertalk.com and here's another interesting link
http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/BA_Y_Seat.htm
Most of the adjectives I hear describe BA's service recently cannot be printed here.
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

I asked the travel agent to check if there are seats available in Virgin Premium Economy, as I've read here and elsewhere (airlinequality.com) that it's better overall. We'll see what happens.
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:02 PM

Try a search or post your question on the BA board at flyertalk.com. I think pre-departure upgrades are dependent on the fare class in which your WT+ ticket is booked. But you can purchase an upgrade once on board for a flat fee (something like 500 pounds one way for flights departing LHR). There's a long thread about in-flight paid upgrades on flyertalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/002764.html

Hope this helps.
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I'll look into that! Virgin Premium Economy is out of the question as they apparently no longer serve ORD.