Search

Jerusalem Walking Tours

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerusalem Walking Tours

I am looking to take an English walking tour of the German Colony in Jerusalem and am looking for a good guide. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Adam
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 06:15 AM
africnow

There are free walking tours on Saturday's in Jerusalem, run by the Muncipality. They leave at noon sharp from Yaffo Road oopposite Zion Square, one tour in English and a different one in Hebrew. The tours change every week, last about two hours, and are basically history/archaeology.

For a specific area, like the German Colony, you might inquire with them on a Saturday before they leave or at the tourist office in Kikar Safra.

Also check the "Capital Calender" column in the "In Jerusalem" supplement that comes with the Jerusalem Post on Fridays.

Old Apr 4th, 2006, 11:42 AM

If you can get your hands on the out-of-print book "Footloose in Jerusalem", there's a great self-guided walking tour through the old German quarter, as well as several other very interesting walks.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 01:34 PM

Just wanted to say that I searched for Footloose in Jerusalem at abebooks.com (a great website that links together lots of used booksellers....and one I have done business with for about ten years successfully) and found 19 copies of the book!

Kathy
Paragon, Indiana, USA
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 04:46 AM
africnow

I don't know what year your "Footloose in Jerusalem" was printed, but be advised that there have been a l-o-t of changes in that neighbourhood in recent years.