Is it just me(and my husband)?

Mar 18th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Is it just me(and my husband)?

I don't mean to be disrespectfull, but I can't make one bit of sense of Killiwarior's website. My husband is having a hissy fit. Is anybody else having the same problem? I know Eben is extremely knowledgable, but my husband is frustrated because he can't see where the camps are.
Actually, I can't figure out why he is so aggrivated. What do you think?
Mar 18th, 2006, 06:40 AM
bat

Not sure what the problem is but perhaps your computer cannot download google earth. I cannot remember what it requires--someone else will know.

Alot of the information is accessible without it. For example, go to Tanznaia, go to Serengeti--he has migration maps that do not need google earth. Go to any of the camps, lodges located in the serengeti and he has pictures.

Actually, I just noticed you said kiliwarriors--you mean www.go-safari.com, correct? [He has a separate kiliwarriors site.]
Mar 18th, 2006, 07:06 AM
bat

Do you have a PC or Mac?
I read in an older thread that you cannot download google earth with windows 98 and can only download on certain Macs.

Here are some old threads about the site

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34744269

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34735202
Mar 18th, 2006, 07:32 AM

Maybe I better explain!

www.go-safari.com is non-commercial and just a personal site where Carol & I will eventually blog our travels in Africa!

I love Google Earth and think it is the future of trip planning! Best of all, it is FREE! In the same spirit, I believe accurate maps and GPS waypoints and such should be freely available to all on the internet. It helps drive tourism to Africa and that's all that matters!

My Google Earth data files are freely available for all on go-safari.com and we will continue to update/expand the site to help tourists plan their own safaris! Today the site is used by camps, lodges, safari consultants, agents and outfitters (even competitors)! They help me keep the information accurate and I am very grateful to all who help and contribute.

go-safari.com is the place to go to just form your own opinions about places and accommodation choices by looking at the accurate locations, images and rack rates! It will never be a "review" site and you will never be influenced by personal opinions. The descriptions of each lodge come from the lodge owners.

I do have a commercial business as mentioned above and I am using a licensed (expensive!) version of Google Earth to create something new that's not been seen before. Unfortunately, this is not up and running yet so you won't find maps, etc!

Please use go-safari.com for maps and other unbiased research such as rack rates, etc!

Eben

Mar 18th, 2006, 08:35 AM

And in case the above don't explain sufficiently, once you have chosen a park in a particular country (Tanzania is currently the most comprehensive; the site is a work in progress), the names of the camps run across the top of the screen pretty far over, so you need to scroll right to get to each camp/lodge. Then double click on the name of the camp and you should be there.

But if you are having more trouble, please continue to ask questions and I'm sure Eben or someone else can help you.
Mar 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM

This post lead me to the go-safari site. I just spent the last 30 minutes setting it up so I can see all our destinations in Tanzania. What a wonderful, helpful site. Thank you Eben and Carol!

FYI: I believe that OS 10.4.5 is necessary for Mac users to be able to use Google Earth. I can get it on my PowerBook but not on my iMac which has a older OS (10.3.9)
Mar 20th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

HURRAH!!!
My husband made the google world work.
Sorry for the complaining.
All I need now is some extra time to look at the wonderfull site.
Thanks for your help

Search this Thread