- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Centennial Trail. Following a former mountain train route, the trail is a paved, 30-mile, walking, blading, biking, and horseback-riding path that leads all the way through Arlington to the Skagit County Line. www1.co.snohomish.wa.us.
Stevens Pass. This very snowy ski area (with avalanche danger and periodic closures in winter) averages 450 inches of snow annually and ranges in elevation from 3,800 feet to 5,800 feet. There are 10 chairlifts serving some 37 runs, about 90% of which are intermediate or advanced. It's popular and has limited parking, so arrive early or risk being turned away. U.S. 2 at the pass, 60 miles east of Snohomish, Skykomish, WA, 98288. 206/812–4510. www.stevenspass.com. Lift tickets $65. Nov.–mid-Mar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe