Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Plan Your Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys Vacation
Day trips—or long-weekend escapes—fan out from Seattle in every direction. The San Juan Islands, the Olympic Peninsula, and the great swaths of mid-state wilderness get the most photo ops, but there are plenty of adventures that don't require traveling on ferries or bumping along Forest Service roads.
Many of the towns listed are easy day trips from Seattle, so staying there is always an option. On the other hand, hotel rates are nearly always lower outside...read more
Tacoma and Olympia both have increasingly hip and sophisticated dining scenes, with everything from laid-back cafés to seasonally driven restaurants with...read more
Things To Do in Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now52° F Overcast 41% Humidity April 15, 2014 at 11:53PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more