- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
P. S. Express. This company has run summer speedboat connections between Port Townsend and Friday Harbor for nearly 30 years. The round-trips cost $85 to $95 May through September; boats depart from Port Townsend at 9, arriving in Friday Harbor at noon; the return trip departs from Friday Harbor at 2:30 and arrives back in Port Townsend at 5. Four-hour guaranteed-sighting whale-watching trips ($95) depart from Friday Harbor at 10 and 2:30 May–late September to view orcas (killer whales) and at 10 from mid-March–end April to see migrating gray whales ($85). Whale-watching trips are subject to a minimum number of passengers. 227 Jackson St., at the Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA, 98368. 360/385–5288. www.pugetsoundexpress.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe