- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Sal Mountains
Although Moab is best known for its slickrock desert, it's also the gateway to the second-highest mountain range in the state—the 12,000-foot La Sal Mountains. Long a favorite stomping ground of locals, the often snowcapped peaks have been discovered by out-of-towners as a welcome retreat from the summer heat. You can picnic in a meadow or take one of many alpine hikes.
La Sal Mountains at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's