- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
During most of the year, Burnet is a sleepy little town best known as a stop for people heading south from the Dallas area or east from Llano. Visitors can stop at the town square for a quick stretch, or grab an old-fashioned drive-through burger at
In late March through late April, the town comes alive with visitors from all over Texas who come to celebrate the state flower, the bluebonnet. Named the "Bluebonnet Capital of Texas," Burnet is famous on the Hill Country Wildflower Trail for having some of the best natural crops of bluebonnets anywhere in the state. (The Brenham area comes in a close second.) The second week in April is the Annual Bluebonnet Festival.
Burnet at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Hill Country
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
- Horseshoe Bay
- Johnson City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's