- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Charleston
SeeWee Restaurant Review
A throwback to the 1950s (or earlier), this spot was once a general store. It's some 20 minutes from downtown, but worth the trip for this Southern-style flashback. You pull open the screen door, and the shelves are still lined with canned goods, with a few tables for four. Outdoors on the screened porch is more seating, and that is also where the bands play (really good blues, bluegrass, and so on) come Saturday night in warm weather. The veteran waitresses will call you "hon" and caringly recommend their favorites, a lot of which are Southern-fried: pickles, green tomatoes, chicken, oysters, and fresh local shrimp. Look on the blackboard to find the more contemporary, less caloric (and more expensive) dishes. For breakfast or lunch, opt for the lovely traditional shrimp and grits.
- Address: 4808 Hwy. 17 N, Awendaw, Charleston, SC 29429
- Phone: 843/928–3609
- Location: Mount Pleasant and Vicinity
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We attended the Hibernian Ball in Charleston about a week ago and I think I have sufficiently recovered to manage a short trip report.. The Ball is put on by the Irish Benevolent Society and is a grea Read more
We had a wonderful Christmas in Charleston. Read more
We will be in Folly Beach next weekend and am looking for good dining options. Read more
· News & Features
This gracious port city is home to a hot restaurant scene, three new distilleries, cultural events i... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came... Read more