Nicknamed the Big Island, Hawaii the island is a microcosm of Hawaii the state. From long white-sand beaches and crystal-clear bays to rain forests, waterfalls, luau, exotic flowers, and birds, all things quintessentially Hawaiian are well represented here.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Catch the lava fireworks at night and explore newly made land, lava tubes, steam vents, and giant craters.
- Waipio Valley Experience a real-life secret garden, the remote spot known as the Valley of Kings.
- Kealakekua Bay Double Feature Kayak past spinner dolphins to the Captain Cook Monument, then go snorkeling along the fabulous coral reef.
- The Heavens Stargaze through gigantic telescopes on snow-topped Mauna Kea.
- Hidden Beaches Discover one of the Kohala Coast's lesser-known gems.